Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4 & Mobile Broadband

• 29-09-2008 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Well Folks,

Just wondering if anyone else has tried it for gaming?

I have O2 bb ( have it for almost 8 months now) and thought it would be crap for gaming so I never bothered trying to play before.

But after testing it last week.... I can play on irish servers with a ping of 100 to 120

and english servers with a ping of 100- 150 ....which is fairly good i think.

If dsl or wireless were an option I'd have them..... but unfortunatley not.

Anyway...was just wondering if anyone else is using it for gaming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Dixy

the only broadband option i have is Digiweb mobile broadband which is similer to O2 and vodafone's mobile.
    I have to say though the pings are not to bad for mobile i constantly ping 50 to 60 to our cod4 servers (Irish E Sports) and 70 to 90 to Uk servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Teg

Yes - Mobile BB with O2 is all I can get. I've been playing on UK and European servers for months.Ping is in the same range as yours and 95% of the time it works fine. You do notice it failing sometimes though - or hits not registering. A reconnect usually sorts it though and it needs to be on HSDPA - UTMS is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

cool

Advertisement