Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here come the waves finally!!

Options
  • 29-09-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

just looking at weather for rest of week is looking class!! especially sat looks savage cant wait!!!! really thats all i want to say!!woooo:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

:D

Ive been looking at the magicseaweed charts in disgust for the past 2 weeks haha. Incydoney 2moro evening. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

Drove an hour and a half to a surf spot one evening last week and realised we'd left the wetsuits sitting in our front garden :( surf wasn't great but would've been so nice to get in!

Was out over the weekend, not too bad waves up the north west, nothing spectacular but enticing enough, hope to get out a few times this week though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

what about the 20mph winds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

The winds are going to ruin it I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Have Friday off heading out regardless of wind,it's meant to be southerly anyway.Late low tide,more than likely Garretstown,Coolmaine or Inchadonny.
    Was told recently Coolmaine can work when Garretstown is blownout.

• Advertisement

coolmaine has a fantastic left when it works

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭elainee

i remember swimming in coolmaine years ago when i was small we were always told stay out of water as it is very dangerous there is that true????:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Can't wait to go windsurfing this evening. Howling onshore winds FTW :D There's even a bit of swell in Galway bay today, which is usually unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

where is the swell in galway bay ?

Notch000 wrote: »
    where is the swell in galway bay ?

Apparently its very occasionally big enough to surf at Silverstrand beach, just outside the city near Barna. This only happens when a strong westerly/southwesterly has been blowing for a few days. I've also seen people attempt to surf in Spiddal. This only happens the odd time though, there are really no quality waves in or around Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

i'l go for a scout about this evening, if i find anything i'l attack it tomorrow !!

Notch000 wrote: »
    i'l go for a scout about this evening, if i find anything i'l attack it tomorrow !!

The wind is due to drop a bit by thursday evening so that might be your best chance to find waves that are not completely blown out. Its unlikely you'll find waves that are bigger than 2 foot but please let me know if you do :) Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

wind should back south east on saturday so it should be cross/offshore in brandon bay.might be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭spider77

Sunday is looking good for Cork :D. Was beginning to think the NW swells were never going to pass.

yea, NE wind, SW swell, pretty much perfection for gtown. Lets hope it happens!

elainee wrote: »
    i remember swimming in coolmaine years ago when i was small we were always told stay out of water as it is very dangerous there is that true????:rolleyes:

Never swam there before,but it is popular with other water user's.Just stay away from the river mouth to the far left.

gerk86 wrote: »
    yea, NE wind, SW swell, pretty much perfection for gtown. Lets hope it happens!

Heading to Gtown for 3pm!!late low tide!!

Yesterday was flat:(,hoping tomorow will be better!:rolleyes:

Advertisement