Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reliable Honda Dealers/Sellers in the UK

Options
  • 29-09-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi All,

Currently drive a Civic Petrol with 200K mile on the clock and I am ready to upgrade. Since the Civic has not given me a minutes bother in 6 years, I am going to stick with Honda and from numerous glowing reports on here I am looking at importing an Accord Diesel. I have about 10-12K euro to spend and have been looking at autotrader, cargiant and others and have spotted a few good potential motors.

Can anyone who has imported an Accord reccomend a reliable dealer/seller in the UK? Any other tips I need before I import the car from the UK (I have gone through the "definitive guide" thread here which was very helpful).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

my missus bought a new car from this dealer a few years ago when she was living over there.

From what I remember they were excellent to deal with and threw in two years free service with the car.

They are about 20 minutes from Luton Airport.

http://www.nortonwayhonda.com/showroom/

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

Cheers Whippit, appreciate the response.

Just checked them there and they dont have anything in my price range, but I might give them a call and see if they have anything coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭meesa

Sorry to piggyback your thread but while you are on the subject of UK dealers does anyone know anything about `autoquake`? They seem to have the cheapest cars and all seems too good to be true.Apparently mostly ex fleet cars etc, maybe check them out for your Honda?
    www.autoquake.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Car-dealer

Hi,

Autoquake sell ex-fleet and ex-auction cars! They sell via online auction and online sales; Ive looked at them a lot, mostly their cars do not sell quickly and go around around around in cycle, until bidders make the bottom sell price: I've even spoken with autoquake on the phone and guy explained the trade to me.

Cargiant are basically a large car supermarket and make their money via direct sales and finance: I actually source my cars *as I am a dealer myself, from some of the very same places as cargiant, some main dealer direct to trade sales, so good stock. They have latched on to the Irish market - they see lots of potential customers.

I import direct to Ireland and offer warranty cover and low prices, so am trying to fill that gap in the market for those looking to go over to the UK to import, there are a lot of doggy stock and doggy dealers, especially on high-end stuff, Merks getting clocked down and write-off BMWs coming back to life. In the UK I even met a Taxi driver that was recating cars, BMW, Porsche ect from D to C and selling to his favourite customers in Ireland. Hopefully if I could set my prices fairly close to those of UK dealers I will have my own little niche market, especially as I have main dealer stock.

If you need any advice on the import part - drop me a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It might be worth asking over on Civinfo.com - its a mostly UK based Civic forum, and they have a few Honda dealers with commercial interaction boards much like Komplett's one here on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭spillcoe

If you're going for the Accord the 2003-2008 diesel 2.2 CDTI engine is supposed to be a great engine.

Yea, looks like it will be the Accord. Seen this one on Autotrader and is from some 'Exclusive Motors' crowd. I read somewhere that there are loads of these small dealers all over england and i'm not sure whether all are trustworthy?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/HONDA+ACCORD/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-17-20-51-240-4294966758-4294967196/advert.action?R=200839319547282&distance=18&postcode=EC2M+2RB&channel=CARS&make=HONDA&model=ACCORD&min_pr=4000&max_pr=6000&max_mileage=

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Do the routine car checks through the AA, HPI, etc. Ring the garages that have stamped the service history too to confirm the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Well I would recommend Two Mills Honda in Cheshire. I bought my VTi off them. Paid a £250 to secure the one I wanted and he said if I turned up and didn't like it he'd give me the deposit back (as I was travelling from Ireland). When I finally arrived (missed the first Ferry) they made me feel really comfortable, showed me the car. Brought me into the mechanic that serviced it (it has a FHSH from them) and he outlined work that had been done on it. Standard stuff and asked if I'd any mechanical questions! (I asked about the TB).

The also had NSXs there (as one of six Honda UK dealers authorised to service thema) and they showed me around the other cars. Finally, filled the VTi and sent me on my way with a 90 day warranty (but I'd have to travel).

Proper dealer care.

Also, it's only about a 1.5 hour drive from the Ferry! (or 1 hour in the VTi) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

jayok wrote: »
    Also, it's only about a 1.5 hour drive from the Ferry! (or 1 hour in the VTi) :)
    ...or 30 mins in an NSX...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Hi All,

Currently drive a Civic Petrol with 200K mile on the clock and I am ready to upgrade. Since the Civic has not given me a minutes bother in 6 years, I am going to stick with Honda and from numerous glowing reports on here I am looking at importing an Accord Diesel. I have about 10-12K euro to spend and have been looking at autotrader, cargiant and others and have spotted a few good potential motors.

Can anyone who has imported an Accord reccomend a reliable dealer/seller in the UK? Any other tips I need before I import the car from the UK (I have gone through the "definitive guide" thread here which was very helpful).

Thanks!

i have a type s petrol accord since new, nearly 40k km on it and not as much as a light bulb has gone ( touch wood)..

honda after sales in Ireland is excellent! much better than i have come accross with other makes...

btw the new accord launches in Ireland mid November!!
    just in time for 2009 orders..... i wonder what the prices will be like?

Thanks for the recommendations all. I will be heading over in the next few weeks so will keep an eye on the sites ye mentioned.

Advertisement