Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamp for shooting

Options
  • 29-09-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Looking for a new shooting lamp, must be rechargable, not gun mounted and have a decent run time. What are people on here using, if you have pics and night time shots all the better
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Lightforce Striker 170, with 12v 18Ah battery in a backpack

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

What is the run time and beam like??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmyzx

Jonty wrote: »
    +1 fot this set up. ;) Although I use a 24Ah battery.:P
    Using a 75W bulb and the 18Ah battery you should get almost 3 hours of constant on time. The beam is good for shooting out to 300yards, in my opinion, but will pick up eyes alot further out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Plus that. I just got the Clusion shootalite kit 2. Not a patch on the 170 lightforce. Also get the dimmer with the 170 and a red or amber filter.

You can work out the running time by using the calculation of
    Amps = watts/volts

100w lamp fitted to the lightforce=
    100w / 12 v = 8amps (there abouts)
    so you will get just under 1 hour from a 7amp/hour battery at full power full on time.
    But if you use a dimmer and turn off and on you can get about 3 hours from a 7amp/hour set up. And if driving in the car with the battery pluged into the cigarette lighter charging at the same time you can go all night, just unplug when getting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

Same as this but have the one with variable beam and power so you can dim it right down to almost nothing which lengthens running time. Most my fox shooting is done from a vehicle so mainly have the lamp plugged in to 12v socket. Normally use a 7.2Ah battery for any short walks as it's much lighter and use the big one if we can't drive the fields.
    The variable beam is superb, you can have a very narrow beam of light so you only light up the fox and not half the field it's in.

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

alot of good info on this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055324069

regards

Advertisement