Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date ideas

Options
  • 29-09-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

For the past couple of months my husband and I have had hardly any time together due to different work schedules, college etc and this Saturday as we have a rare day and night off together we've decided to do something fun together but are kinda stumped for ideas! If any body has any ideas of fun and different things we could do that don't cost much I'd really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

dinner in bullys/cafe bar deli/amicus/ginos etc, cinema, bowling at the planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sincho

Thanks, all good suggestions but hate bowling and things like that. Cafe Bar Deli is a good idea for dinner but am seriously stuck for ideas foe daytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Well if the weather is fine, you could go for spin to the beach, go for a walk, and get some lunch. Than how about a trip to the cinema, some very good films in at the moment, and go for a meal and a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Daytime, then maybe fota or a lovely walk down blackrock or down to Kinsale or Cobh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Score some weed and off to the beach?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Sincho

Like your idea Kold but thats probably the plan for Sunday:p! Was thinking of going to Blackrock castle, it'll bore me to tears but my husband is really into astronomy, has anyone been there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Head for the Comedy club after the grub. Haven't been there myself in years. Something diferent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hi Sincho - I was at Blackrock Castle 2 weeks ago. Went with my bf and 8 year old nephew. My nephew was a little young, some things he loved then he'd lose interest in other things - but the bf - "43" loved it, as I did. I think we paid €16.00 for 2 adults and 1 child. (But you don't get to look through telescopes as the main observatory is for training purposes, so the public are only allowed in their certain evenings and they advised us to check up their website regularly to find out when). But if weather good, you can have a lovely walk around Blackrock first, then up to the Castle. Then walk across the yard to their cafe/restaurant - scrummy coffee and cakes.

Or for a cheaper day - don't pay into Fota Wildlife Park but wander the grounds of Fota House and go in to Fota House to their cafe. (Or get the Cobh Train out there).

Another walkway - Crosshaven-Carrigaline - it's just gorgeous along the river and you could always go to one of pubs/cafes for a bite.

Or Currabinny Woods (off Carrigaline).

Something different to do in the evenings - I would agree with Comedy at City Lmits, or the theatre - "One Flew over the cuckoo's nest" is on at The Everyman Palace, McCurtain Street. It's easy to get a really cheap bite to eat on McCurtain Street. (If you want a nicer meal, Mint Restaurant on the Quays behind the Everyman do a special deal where you get theatre tickets/meal).

The imporant thing is that it's just the two of you - so enjoy your day out! J X

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Cobh could be quite nice. Nice hotel there for food too, Watersedge i think its called.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fota's always nice for an hour or two, depending on pace. Glenbower in Killeagh is lovely too. if you're up for a bit of buzz, try quadding in Bridgefield or karting in Watergrasshill.

adam

• Advertisement

Is "Glenbower" the woodlands walk in Killeagh? If so I love it there, if not - where/what is Glenbower?

Apologies, I missed the link you had attached. Yes, Glenbower is a gorgeous place to go walking. Sounds like the OP will be spoilt for choice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It is a great spot, and because of the way it's laid out you can just pop in for a quick stroll or wander around for a couple of hours. All good apart from having to drive in past the Thatched Inn at 1kph to avoid busting a spring. How much would a load of gravel cost like!

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 31,693 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

if you wanted to go active, you could go to Inchydoney and go for a surf! they have beginner lessons for about 2 hours or so, quite cheap including wetsuit and beginner board. Good craic, and the surfing forecast for the weekend is fairly mild, should be good conditions to begin with. if it tickles your fancy you should give them a google and call them for info.

<edit>
    Here's their website anyway, save you the hassle!
    http://www.westcorksurfing.com/
    could also do the same in garretstown, but they're very hit and miss on when they decide to open.
    http://surfgtown.com/

Advertisement