Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philippino Satellite Channels

• 29-09-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to receive digital satellite channels from the Philippines in Ireland ?

If so, which satellite ? what size dish ? Can you pick them up on a free to air digital satellite receiver ? Do you have to pay and if so, who do you pay ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

you can get ACQ-KBN (FTA) on 13E
    As far as i know that is the only Philippines channel you will be able to get in Europe.

That is Hot Bird 8 at 13.0°E, FTA, any standard satellite receiver will get it (non - sky) , You will need 80 cm dish.

Mind you, its religious channel so I'm not sure you were looking for that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

Thanks for your reply Fat_Fingers.

I am installing a FTA system for a friend who has an Au pair from the Philippines. Not sure if she is religious or not, I will have to ask.

After I posted my question today I heard from a friend there are some Philippino channels on Atlantic Bird 3 @ 5 degrees west, but they are encripted with Irdeto 2.

Any body know how or who you have to pay to get these channels ?
    And do you need a Sat box with a CAM slot ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

Satts wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Fat_Fingers.

I am installing a FTA system for a friend who has an Au pair from the Philippines. Not sure if she is religious or not, I will have to ask.

After I posted my question today I heard from a friend there are some Philippino channels on Atlantic Bird 3 @ 5 degrees west, but they are encripted with Irdeto 2.

Any body know how or who you have to pay to get these channels ?
    And do you need a Sat box with a CAM slot ?
    ABS-CBN is the company. or F.I.S.H and you pay..monthly......4-5 chanels
    atlantic birt on 5w .work very well on ski dish
    very bad colors ...not good on big tv"s
    i install this four 2 years

Thanks for your reply Pelisor2000.

I couln't find anything on F.I.S.H. on the net. I was on the ABS-CBN website, but I couldn't see any option to pay for a monthly subscription.
    Do you need a satellite receiver with a CAM slot ? and then buy a card from ABS-CBN ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

i was just doing the installs .i was working four satworld.and i know it a office in bary or malahaid..but naormali costumers aply on internet .i try to find the web site for you.
    they give you a sat receiver+card+dish and free install..
    try this..http://now.abs-cbn.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Satts wrote: »
    Is it possible to receive digital satellite channels from the Philippines in Ireland ?

If so, which satellite ? what size dish ? Can you pick them up on a free to air digital satellite receiver ? Do you have to pay and if so, who do you pay ?

It is €39.99 a month with free install, or €24.99 if you pay €150 for install.

The Irish agents for ABS-CBN are here. We used Phish International...

ABS-CBN are on Atlantic Bird 3, you get 4 tv stations and 2 radio.

You can also get them over the internet, if you have a good bb connection, costs are the same and you can also get a Video-On-Demand service.

There is also GMA TV, more details here.

Thanks for yor help guys.

Advertisement