Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on drums...

Options
  • 29-09-2008 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

Basically I can't get a full kit so I just want to practice on something small and portable. Noise would be an issue. Is there some kind of pad layout that I can get? Like a rubber practice pad or something. Also what would be the correct sticks for a beginner.

I could get some midi drums that would hook up to my laptop, that would be cool but nothing that would be too big and would break the bank? But what I'd really be after is a rubber pad and some sticks so I could carry it round in my bag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The drummer in one of my bands has an electric kit. It's not that portable but, as it outputs to an amp or speakers, you can just throw on a pair of headphones and bash away without annoying your housemates or neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

So you want this;

http://www.thomann.de/ie/hq_percussion_rf6d_practice_pad.htm

And there's no specific pair of sticks for a beginner, just go to a shop and see which ones you like best. 5A's are a good place to start.

I have that practice pad, it's grand for practicing different strokes.

Advertisement