Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old toys

Options
  • 29-09-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knows if you can still give old toys and teddies to childrens hospitals for the kiddies to use ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

I know alot of hospitals won't take them any more - incase of infections i guess.

We give our to the local charity shop - if there really in good nic i keep them up will christmas and some of the local charity's fill shoes boxes for and ship them to poorer countries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Soft toys are a big no no.

Another place to pass on toys would be a Women's Refuge. Often mums and children have to leave their home with just the bare minimum, toys being one thing that's left behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lolabug

Just wondering if you ever found anywhere to donate old toys to. I've got a crazy amount of soft toys and want to donate some of them to children. Would only donate the newest ones and ones in good condition and can do whatever washing needs to be done beforehand. If anyone knows any charity who would take them...in Ireland or abroad...would appreciate the info.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

Hospitals won't take them because of infection, particularly when it comes to cuddly toys and the like.
    However, for those of you who have toys that you'd like to donate look up local women's shelters. There are usually lots of children there with their mothers and have often had to leave their house in a hurry due to domestic violence etc and are always grateful for toys. I also give clothes, suits that I don't wear any more but are still in good nick as they help a lot of the women who are going for back to work interviews and can't afford to buy new clothes. The same would go for your children's outgrown clothes.

Advertisement