Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost / Stolen Phone

• 29-09-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello All..

Just a general query really..

If you have reported your phone stolen and someone finds it... Can it be tracked when its turned on again with a different sim card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Has "someone" just found an iphone? Or is "someone" just about to loose their iphone and claim a new one on insurance?
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thegreatgeraldo

ha ha ha!!!

not an iphone... unfortunately!!

my gf reported her phone stolen while we were on hols..

it was sent back to us on friday!

she's already claimed one on the insurance and well.... mine's a bit battered.

the stand up citizen in me says to contact the insurance dudes and return it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

I dont know why I read that as iphone, there is something wrong with me.

In answer to your question, I did pretty much the same thing, not a problem.

cheers dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Just note that generally the phone is blocked across all Irish networks when its reported stolen. If so, it just wont work when you try to use it.

• Advertisement

ares..

believe it or not i put my sim into it and it worked fine...

we rang the provider when we realised it was gone and asked them to block the handset.. obviously never happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ares..

believe it or not i put my sim into it and it worked fine...

we rang the provider when we realised it was gone and asked them to block the handset.. obviously never happened!
    You're lucky for now, can be blocked though after a few days:o

Advertisement