Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else having MTU Failed on Xbox live

• 29-09-2008 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi,

Can't connect to xboxlive, i remember this happening before, and there was some upgrade happening. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a upgrade happening today?

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Ya live is down for 24hours i think, until 8am tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

cheers man,

thanks for the reply

rob

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's not the upgrade though. Well not any changes that we'll notice yet, just stuff going on in the background to ready things for the autumn update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Might explain why it took so long to get a Halo match last night. The update is in November. I miss the blades already:(

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

so should i be able to get onto Xboxlive then?

Is anyone else having problems connecting?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

so should i be able to get onto Xboxlive then?

Is anyone else having problems connecting?

Thanks

Its down for 24 hrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

I'm getting the shakes.

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I was of work today and this happens. how ****ty is that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

I WAAAAAANNNT!!! MY LIVE!!! POWERS!!!!

you know whats amazing?
    the fact that this thread is on google and boards convienantly has a Time and Date stamped to all the posters.. thus helping ME figure out that im not the only 1 with this problem TODAY !!!! which makes me REALLY happy and REALLY sad at the same time or something of that definition

i am in awe

oh and for some reason the word "convienantly" is spelled wrong event though google says its right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Thank Lordy it's not just me, I was about to embark on a night of breaking my routers to try and figure out how to fix this MTU shindig !

• Advertisement

yep praise the lord my College friend

i was racking my brain tryin to figure out what i did before to fix the problem last time but last time i got a different problem to this problem ..then i remembered google has the answer

and it did!

is it back up yet ? im watching house :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not back until 12am PST (8am tomorrow morning here)

whats the reason?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Just got my wireless adaptor and was trying to set it up there, couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Goddammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Silverfish wrote: »
    Just got my wireless adaptor and was trying to set it up there, couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Goddammit.

Good time to connect it to your pc/laptop to get used to media etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 onesocks

Keith186 wrote: »
    Good time to connect it to your pc/laptop to get used to media etc.

i too was about to tear at my router, just got the wireless myself today too.

apart from sticking it in the back do i need to configure anything else?

Got the Xbox on at the moment - it's still not back! :mad:

Bah Humbug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

Had the same problem yesterday MTU failed was going mad I couldnt even check my messages to see if the server is down, but since everyone else is not working it musnt just be my problem thank god!

To be fair, MS did give a "head's up" notice that this was going to happen on the "Xbox live" blade where they usually advertise games.

Doesn't make it any easier though!

Worst of all, I got my best result ever in Tetris splash yesterday (200000+) and it didn't go on a leaderboard becase I wasn't connected to live!!!1 :(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Got the Xbox on at the moment - it's still not back! :mad:

Bah Humbug!

I Just read this update on Majornelson.com
    The LIVE maintenance is taking longer than expected. I'll have an update at 0200 PT

I think that'd be about 10am here.

• Advertisement

I Just read this update on Majornelson.com

I think that'd be about 10am here.

:pac: Cheers for the update!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

What's this, unexpected outage after the expected outage, Boooo. I demand a game in compensation. MS, I'll settle for DN3D :D

Live is back according to Major Nelson...

Blood Sugar Sex Magik is up for Rock Band owners who like RHCP too.... Some good guitar songs there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I played Geometry Wars 2 instead last night. Now I remember why I stopped playing it...that game is so bloody frustrating.

So is there any difference in Xbox live or why were we forced to play off line :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

You won't notice any change in Live. It was for maintenence on the servers to get them ready for the Autumn update in November.

No change, nige. They were just updated their infrastructure for the new interface thats due in November. "Being forced to play offline" is hardly a major problem is it? Its back now, so you can breathe easy.

Well lads we pay our Xbox live membership for the year so we should get an extras days play for free! but as long as it back when I get home ill be a happy camper :) is this for the new menu thing like the Wii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

nige1982,

I think you need to ring Microsoft and complain and see how far you get.....
    Mirco$ucks wrote:

Microsoft reserves complete and sole discretion with respect to the operation of the Service. Microsoft may, among other things: (a) restrict or limit access to the Service; (b) retrieve information from the original Xbox, Xbox 360 console, personal computer and any connected peripheral device used to log onto the Service as necessary to operate and protect the security of the Service, and to enforce this Agreement; and (c) upgrade, modify, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the Service or any game from time to time without notice, which may involve the automatic download of related software directly to your original Xbox, Xbox 360 console or personal computer, and which software may prevent you from accessing the Service, playing pirated games, or using unauthorized peripheral devices.
    nige1982 wrote: »
    Well lads we pay our Xbox live membership for the year so we should get an extras days play for free! but as long as it back when I get home ill be a happy camper :) is this for the new menu thing like the Wii

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

nige1982 wrote: »

I agree, if you pay for a years service to play on line then you should get a year of playing on line. Not almost a year. They should add a day to the membership whenever a day is taken away like this.

Advertisement