Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doughiska to Headford Rd

Options
  • 29-09-2008 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of moving house - in the morning and afterwork gridlock, how long does it take to get to Headford Rd from Doughiska? Is it quicker if you go through Ballybrit rather than dual carriageway?

Googlemaps says 10 mins but that seems a bit too optimistic with all the Oranmore commuters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

i would say about 30 mins at peak time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The N6 has a cycle lane...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

At peak times, you'd be faster cycling it.
    Plus it's downhill on your way there. Yep, and a cycle lane once you pass Ballybrit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

cycling = best thing that ever happened to me

(and I ride a cheap ass second hand hybrid, no lycra etc - not obsessed, just enjoy it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

biko wrote: »
    How long does it take to get to Headford Rd from Doughiska?

It really depends what time you leave Doughiska at. They've just started working on some major upgrades to the main road here, so expect delays in the morning for quite some time.

Generally, if you leave Doughiska before 7:50am, traffic is very light and you'd be at Headford Rd in 10 mins. Later than that, and the traffic begins to get very heavy. (Tailbacks from around the Londis before Briarhill Dunnes right up to the Parkmore roundabout.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok thanks everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭scary_tractors

Am thinking of making the same move myself Biko, and work in the same area! How did you find it? Is the traffic killing you...?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Right now, the situation is absolutely atrocious. If I leave at 8:20 I will be lucky to be at the headford road by about 8:50. The Doughiska road itself can just be choc-a-block.
    Do people go to the end of the road and turn right onto the roundabout at the Briarhill shopping centre, or turn left and take the back way and have to do a u-turn at some stage?
    I have tried both and not really gotten anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Right now, the situation is absolutely atrocious. If I leave at 8:20 I will be lucky to be at the headford road by about 8:50. The Doughiska road itself can just be choc-a-block.
    Do people go to the end of the road and turn right onto the roundabout at the Briarhill shopping centre, or turn left and take the back way and have to do a u-turn at some stage?
    I have tried both and not really gotten anywhere.
    to be honest i think briarhill is the best option...
    at least you have a better chance of traffic moving....:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I see a fair few people nip in the Dunnes service entrance and hop out at the Dunnes exit.
    Others turn left and then double back by turning right at the end of that narrow little road and that takes them out onto the main road at the briarhill roundabout.
    I have noticed that it is always worse on a tuesday however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Am thinking of making the same move myself Biko, and work in the same area! How did you find it? Is the traffic killing you...?
    Ended up moving to Headford Road instead :)

Advertisement