Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise Pollution

Options
  • 29-09-2008 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi guys,

I live in Wicklow and have about 7 acres around my house, more to the back than the front, my neighbours on either side are about 200 mtrs away and there is no one behind me just 1500 acres of scrub land. Whats the situation with me shooting clays at the back of my house the clays and shot would fall on my land at all times its the noise and the neighbours i'm concerned about.

any info would be great.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Ask them would they mind?? it's only a few clays I presume, they might have a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

Ask them would they mind?? it's only a few clays I presume, they might have a go?

As above, it's amazing how much more neighbours will tolerate (loud parties etc) if they're pre-warned and even more if they're actually invited to join in.
    Not sure about laws back home but here in UK as long as you're on your own land, don't shoot within 50 feet of any boundary or center of a road and your shot stays within your land you can do as you please. Only thing that could get you in trouble here would be environmental health being called because of noise and then it would have to be above a certain measured decibels at the complainers house. You could minimise noise by placing clay trap as far from houses as possible and building a stand to shoot from surrounded on 3 sides by straw bales.

Paul

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Without a doubt, ask first. It's nice to be polite and they will probably not have a problem with it. Having said that, if it then turns into a regular event with a "few" friends turning up, starting at 8.00am on a Sunday morning, then you might run into trouble.

If they have any concerns invite them onto the land, show them exactly what you plan, where you gun will be pointing, where the shot will land etc. Explain how safe it is and invite them to have a go. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised by their reaction.

If not, tell them to F**K Off and shoot away anyway!:D:D:D ONLY JOKIN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭shaft666

If not, tell them to F**K Off and shoot away anyway!:D:D:D ONLY JOKIN!!!!

PMSL :D

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Can't think of anything legally prohibiting you from shooting clays but as other folks said : it's nice to be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 pajo65

thanks guys, much appreciated.

Advertisement