Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundproof blanket/curtains

Options
  • 29-09-2008 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm living in rented accommodation close to a noisy road and am trying to find a way of reducing the noise coming through the windows. As I am renting (and on a tight budget anyway), replacing the windows is not an option.

I've come across soundproof blankets and curtains online but haven't been able to find where these are available in Ireland.
    Does anyone know if this type of product is actually any good, or are they a rip-off?

I had a look through previous posts on boards, but it mostly seems to be about draught insulation or wall insulation.
    I would really appreciate any ideas anyone may have to block out sound at night, that doesnt involve completely blocking up the windows.
    The only other thing I have come up with so far is hanging an extra few layers of curtain in front of the windows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Have you tried a quilt?

It would help to block sound and light.
    It should help keep the heat in too.

You would need to sew flaps to the quilt cover to hang it properly.
    You will need a very strong curtain pole to support the weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Thats a good idea, thanks! I'll give that a try and see if it helps.

Advertisement