Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore's 'Volute' site for sale

Options
  • 29-09-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Anyone see this:

http://www.munster-express.ie/local-news/tramores-%E2%80%98volute-site-for-sale/

Looks as though Dunnes is not coming after all and the developer has gotten cold feet and pulled out.

What is going to happen to the site now??

Not sure I was a big fan of Dunnes going in there in the first place, but really hope that something useful happens with the site - especially now that work has begun on it...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Maybe Aldi will take a gander, since they get refused elsewhere! I could of sworn over the summer we were assured, regardless, that development will go ahead in October with/without Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 garrser

Aldi, yes maybe, although they usually like to build on their own sites, don't they..

In any case, it's an impressive development. Had another look at the drawings on the Waterford CC site. Click on "e-plan online inquiry" and enter in applic. no. 061649. Mind you, you need the awkward DJVU plug-in in Internet Explorer to actually view the drawings (which are also a bit tricky to figure out).

There is no doubt it would be a big loss to the town if it all now just grinds to a halt.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

My concern about the devlopment was Dunnes going there... not sure its the type of retail Tramore needs, in that area at least, and Dunnes? Meh. The sites up for sale, those plans are now out the window.. whats going to take its place. More retail? Id love to see the amusments gone and a nice hotel being developed on that land.

Advertisement