Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Minsiters €53,000 kiss off

Options
  • 29-09-2008 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Using the FOI RTE have revealed that two minor junior ministers are to receive 53,000 euro in severance payments having lost thier positions in the May reshuffle. Grand stuff lads, this little earner has been in place since 1992 it turns out. Funny how the info wasn't readily availible.

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

53 grand for getting demoted is probably more ludicrous than 85grand for loosing your seat:
    examiner

Not forgetting the pensions of course...great set up they have there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

God love the poor incompetent bastards. My heart bled for them when they were sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

<p>taxed I take it?</p>

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

paconnors wrote: »
    <p>taxed I take it?</p>
    That depends, payments for a change in work conditions and redundancy payments have certain tax exemptions. If you look at the Examiner piece it says.

"This included an untaxed lump sum of €17,430 and taxable payments of €6,633 a month for half a year and payments of €4,527 for a further six months."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭SeanW

>_< Mother of God, where does the squandering end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yes it is a joke really alright. Might see if they demote me here in the job and then put a claim in for a wad of cash. I wonder what will be said to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

How much did Bertie get in severance pay for resigning as Taoiseach?

Advertisement