Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: AaB Aalborg v Man Utd [All Pre/During/After Match Discussion]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    what happened Rooney? :confused:
    Ferguson also faces an anxious wait to see the extent of an ankle injury which forced Wayne Rooney out of the game after an hour.

"We are hoping it isn't ligament trouble," said the United boss.

"He just felt his ankle. I would imagine he would be doubtful for the Blackburn game on Saturday."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_4227500,00.html

I think it happened when he miss hit a pass at the edge of the box and the ball went straight up in the air, whether he kicked the ground or just twisted it stangely I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Mr Alan wrote: »
    what happened Rooney? :confused:

Looks like an ankle injury. Not sure when it happened on the night, but he went to collect a ball and it felt weak so they took him off.

I can no longer listen to Ray Houghton, my head was officially done-in last night.

Ah yes mister all you have to do is get the ball in the box and you will win every game. I swear the amount of times he says it during the course of every game he commentates on is crazy.

No matter who is playing Utd, Liverpool or even Arsenal, its still all about getting out wide and putting the ball in the box.

Crazy statements on RTE last night about us not having a Roy Keane/John Terry character. Well we didn't have one for the last two seasons and we have done alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Ah yes mister all you have to do is get the ball in the box and you will win every game. I swear the amount of times he says it during the course of every game he commentates on is crazy.

No matter who is playing Utd, Liverpool or even Arsenal, its still all about getting out wide and putting the ball in the box.

Crazy statements on RTE last night about us not having a Roy Keane/John Terry character. Well we didn't have one for the last two seasons and we have done alright.
    Or a Frank Lampard character! :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I can no longer listen to Ray Houghton, my head was officially done-in last night.

Great 3 points for Utd, superb 2nd by Berba. Wasn't overly impressed by them and it wasn't a great game for a neutral but job done.
    Ray Houghton was wrecking my head. Totally and utterly. I can't stand him and never have been able to. Hateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Or a Frank Lampard character! :rolleyes:

While i could understand the point on Terry/Keane, to throw Lampard into the mix....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tauren wrote: »
    While i could understand the point on Terry/Keane, to throw Lampard into the mix....:rolleyes:

Yeah I know... for his sake I hope it was a slip of the tongue. But he has many of them eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Dimitar Berbatov finally opens his scoring account

Rafael impressed
    Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes is set to be out for up to eight weeks with a knee injury.
    Scholes suffered the problem during the early stages of United's UEFA Champions League victory away to AaB Aalborg.
    The former England international damaged medial ligaments in Denmark and faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines.
    United manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed that the 33-year-old will be out of his plans for between six and eight weeks.
    It means Scholes will miss several key games for the Red Devils, including the Champions League double-header against Celtic.
    "He has suffered ligament damage," said Ferguson.
    "At this moment in time it's difficult to say exactly how serious (it is), but it looks like the medial ligament, in which case it will be six to eight weeks which is a bit of a blow."
    Ferguson also faces an anxious wait to see the extent of an ankle injury which forced Wayne Rooney out of the game after an hour.
    "We are hoping it isn't ligament trouble," said the United boss.
    "He just felt his ankle. I would imagine he would be doubtful for the Blackburn game on Saturday."

JP Liz wrote: »

Finally???

Yes because not scoring after three games two of which were away from home against our two main rivals, and playing in a team yet to hit any where near top was becoming a real problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

jeez, what crawled up your arse?

• Advertisement

JP Liz wrote: »

Rafael impressed

He looks good going forward, but a premiership winger would eat him alive going the other way. He is good in the tackle, but his positioning and speed at getting back into positioning are currently quite poor. Not to be unexpected with an 18 year old defender playing just his 4th or so competitive senior game, but i think some of the hype needs to be reigned in. Fabio is the same, looks great going forward but suspect the opposite direction.

Lemmiwinks

Stupid comments.
    Lemmiwinks

:confused:, never mind got it now. SP reference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lemmiwinks

always loved that episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Anyone else seem to think that Nani has a bet on with ronnie or anderson as to who will score most goals this season. He must have shot everytime he got the ball within 20 yards of their goal. Annoying when alot of the time the pass was the better option.

He was doing it v bolton on saturday also.

RedorDead wrote: »
    Anyone else seem to think that Nani has a bet on with ronnie or anderson as to who will score most goals this season. He must have shot everytime he got the ball within 20 yards of their goal. Annoying when alot of the time the pass was the better option.

He was doing it v bolton on saturday also.

his decision making has gotten much much worse this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

his decision making has gotten much much worse this season.

very true altho what was ronaldo thinkin takin a shot from that free kick? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd love to know what the strategy is when it comes to deciding who should take a free kick... Is it first come first serve? :confused: There doesn't seem to be any coherent plan! Nani was meant to take a free against Arsenal last season, and Hargreaves just took it without telling anyone (he scored ;)). Actually I recall a free from last night just on the left of their box. Ronaldo stood there as if he was deciding what corner he would go for, when Giggs took a quick one and passed it to Ron. What's the deal like? Surely this should all be worked out prior to the match, and/or the captain should decide. I'm sure Ferguson gives most to Ronaldo in part to massage his ego and keep him happy, in part because he scores the odd cracker, and in part because he needs to improve.

Advertisement