Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Velux Vs keylite

• 29-09-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Recently got a quote for 10 rooflights for both velux & keylite & the keylite ones are coming in over €1000 cheaper. the guy at the builders merchant says they are on par with velux (says he has them in his own house) & have much better after sales service.

anyone have any experiance using them / have them installed??

thanks....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

anyone??

anyone have ANY experience with them?

surely someone........?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Velux are well known and available throughout the country.
    I've quite a few on my house.

I did consider Keylite for the garage but they were 40mm narrower ( and cheaper). My roofer had used keylite before and saw no problem with them.
    There is a thread here or on DIY, discussing Keylite.

I had to get a bi-pack directly from Velux in Dublin. I found them to be friendly and efficient.

It might be worth getting a quote from a different supplier, there can be huge difference in price between hardware stores! I managed to save €200 per velux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

sandt wrote: »
    (says he has them in his own house)
    He would say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote: »
    He would say that.
    Never :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

smashey wrote: »
    He would say that.

yeah i thought the same thing!!
    then i thought why would he be trying to sell me a cheaper product...?
    surely hed be trying to push the more expensive one?

any info on u-values for both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lfcjfc

I installed Keylite in our new build. They were about 30% cheaper than Velux at the time. They are in for the past year or so now and we are very happy with them.
    Just a tip: I went through Keylite directly for all my quotes and pricing and got a very good price off them. When I went into the local builder's merchant to finalise the order and pay for them, he was surprised as to the size of the discount they had given. Worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

lfcjfc wrote: »
    Just a tip: I went through Keylite directly for all my quotes and pricing and got a very good price off them. When I went into the local builder's merchant to finalise the order and pay for them, he was surprised as to the size of the discount they had given. Worth a try.
    Good idea but sadly not all firms will operate that policy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Slates

Has anyone used fakro windows, I got a quote from them that was 400 euros cheeper that velux for 5 windows and a sun tunnel !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

sandt wrote: »
    why would he be trying to sell me a cheaper product...?
    surely hed be trying to push the more expensive one!

He might be earning more commission from keylite. Their profit margin might be smaller on the velux and therefore would be a good incentive to try push the cheaper product on you.

Advertisement