Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tooth Abscess, Where to go.

• 29-09-2008 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Pretty sure i have an Abscess, swollen glands for ages and now im getting tonnes of pain from my top back tooth along with behind my eye. It comes and goes (worst in the morning) and has been happening for the past couple of years. It tends to come every day for a week, then a break of a couple of months and then back again.

Im sick of it and in alot of pain for the last week. I have called the dentist i used to go to and the next appointment is 2+weeks away and i would have to take time off work (and it would be awkward).

Just wondering what is should do, is there some kind of dental A&E you can walk into/get seen quickly? Im in the Dublin 8 Area, anywhere around?

Sorry if its a stupid question, i have been reading quite a bit but didnt find the info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Nothing worse :(

If you go into the dentist and tell them you have an abscis they will fit you in for sure...

The dentist will prescibe a course of amoxicillian and you will be sound within 24 hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

The Dental Hospital in town beside Trinity have an emergency department. I know my dad went in there a couple of months ago with an abscess too and they looked after him. I've been in there myself but I'm a patient there anyway. Maybe give them a call and see?

http://web1.dental.tcd.ie/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=347 that's the site, can't find anything specific about their A&E but there's a number for the emergency department on the front page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Thats great thanks!! I will call them tomorrow and see what they say.

Tis lucky with the timing as i got a load of strong pain killers just before it started....not nice relying only on Solphadine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 lolly0306

Don't go to the dental hospital, I was suffering from an abscis I couldn't get off work to go to a normal dentist so had to go to the dental hospital in an emergency as I was in agony, they checked me out told me I had an abscis but they wouldn't treat me, I had to go to my own dentist, and still had to pay €55 for the Dental hospital to tell me to get nurofen, I was sick!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

i feel for ya man they're nasty.. worse pain you can have! Sometimes swollen glands and tightened cheek muscles can be from a flu or a sinus infection and can take about a week or 2 to go away. If your definetly sure you've got an abscess get to a dentist. As for A&E you can go into any hospital (doesnt need to be dental) though i think all they can do is pull the tooth. They give you better a anesthetic aswell. Abscesses are serious stuff, they can end up killing you (literally).

• Advertisement
Advertisement