Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed dating in Dublin

Options
  • 29-09-2008 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi Everyone, I've searched all over boards and couldn't find any up to date threads - so sincerest apologies if I've missed something obvious :D

Was thinking about going speed dating and have been looking around at some of the events listed online. Has anyone been recently? Any recommendations for fun events?

Thanks

Susipoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

There shold be some sort of internet speed dating at this stage. Like just chatroom type thing for a bit of fun.
    Or maybe there is?

Sorry, bit off topic just thinking out loud.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I went speed dating with the crowd Getout in Feb, and had a fab time. Well organised, and was a fun night too - got a few matches, but one of the matches, no chemistry, and the other, chemistry was there, but our personalities were too different.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FionaC

Yeah Getout was a good event. Although they cancelled the event twice before it actually happened and always the night before :(

It was a good laugh, have a few glassess of wine and chat away.

Good Luck,

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FionaC

Sorry www.getout.ie is the website! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

I'd love to speed date or something like that but unfortunately European women don't seem the least appealed by me :-(. I'm afraid I need a make-over really badly.

Besides I don't necessarily want to date, just make new friends...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd no idea that this was so popular, there's load of events on that getout website!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishjack32

Daw another Irish site doing that sort of thing http://www.d8txt.com but this one is text based

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Daw another Irish site doing that sort of thing http://www.d8txt.com but this one is text based

Dhanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sirrantalot

anybody out there who have been speed dating.
    jsut wondering what was the format how many women and men in total.
    Also is there a good/bad night of the week to go?
    is there one company better/worse than another?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

A_SN wrote: »
    unfortunately European women don't seem the least appealed by me :-(.
    Wow, that's what I used to think barely 2 years ago?? lol.. How things have changed, a few reality checks later...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

What has speed dating got to do with eastern european women? I went speed dating once in the odeon. Loads of good looking women but the men were either smelly, ugly or completely lacking in social skills. It was a few years ago but i wouldnt go back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anthonydublin

Theres another place doing Gay Speed Dating in Dublin city centre, their website is www.RomeoRomeoJulietJuliet.com

Advertisement