Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car scratched

Options
  • 29-09-2008 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

i guess this has happened to most people at one time or another. i parked my car in dunnes stores car park today. it was a little tight on the car beside so i checked for scratchs on that side before i left as i dont have the car long etc.
    came back later and there was a grey paint scratch on the door, the car beside was grey and from the distance and swing of the door i could tell it was this car that had scratched mine. I took the insurance policy number and reg of the car and left as I was in a hurry and had no idea how long the owner would be.
    should i contact the insurance company and make a claim? or do i have a leg to stand on? this kind of ignorance etc gauls me as its happened me many times before etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

While I hate this kind of carelessness myself I would think that unless you have proof that the owner of the grey car actually did the damage then I would imagine it's your word against theirs. Is there a witness or maybe CCTV photage of the incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Ishindar wrote: »
    it was a little tight on the car beside so i checked for scratchs on that side before i left as i dont have the car long etc.

Why didn't you park somewhere with more clearance? Would the person in the car have to get in through the sunroof or did you leave enough space for them to actually open their door?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If im that worried about being close it means i probably am. So i park my car somewhere else. You should have done the same and not expected the person to have supernatural "pass through" metal powers to enter their vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Why didn't you park somewhere with more clearance? Would the person in the car have to get in through the sunroof or did you leave enough space for them to actually open their door?

there was enough space for the person to enter and exit their car without touching mine but not quite enough to open their door fully.

Advertisement