Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving in the uk

Options
  • 29-09-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

thinking about getting the ferry to holyhead and driving to manchster next month. anyone ever done this drive? i have heard it is mostly motorways?
    also i heard the welsh police can be a nuisance so i will be keeping well witihin the speed limit! Anyone know what the deal with insurance is? am i covered to drive in the uk?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

johnrd wrote: »
    thinking about getting the ferry to holyhead and driving to manchster next month. anyone ever done this drive? i have heard it is mostly motorways?
    also i heard the welsh police can be a nuisance so i will be keeping well witihin the speed limit! Anyone know what the deal with insurance is? am i covered to drive in the uk?
    Most insurance policies will cover you for 30 days outside of Ireland but ring your insurer just to check. Make sure you have your insurance cert and VLC with you.

The cops in North Wales are always out in force on the A55 so keep to the limits.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Never done Hplyhead, but given the price of UK petrol, I'd rather do less driving and more sailing. Consider Dublin port to Liverpool (Birkenhead) and then you don't have to drive in Wales! :D

Advertisement