Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Smartphone??

• 29-09-2008 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Im about to buy a phone and am defiantly getting a smart phone!! Im currently a meteor pay as you go customer and wish to use this sim card in the smartphone!

The phones am thinking about are- Iphone 3g 16gb, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Tocco and The G1 Android! Mainly i want a good looking phone which can handle music,pictures,videos,gps and wifi well!! All the phones lack something which another one makes up for so im stuck on which phone to buy.

My preference would be the Iphone as the internet looks well on it and the apllications feature seems to work well, but some people tell me my meteor pay as you go sim wont work in it and others say the opposite!! Can anyone clarify this?

Also which phone would you choose? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

eh Batman, the iPhone is not a smart phone, nor is the Tocco...

If your after a smarthpone that does everything you want, the Nokia e71 is probably worth a look....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Batman

Its under smart phones on ebay....then again i know nothing about phones!! E71 is too big and no touch screen!! Think im looking for iphone/tocco size and style!!

All the phone you chose are internet phones, you will need 3G coverage to get the best out of them....

Do you have 3G coverage in Gotham City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i'm in the exAct same position batman, was just about to post.....
    i think coming with october and november will be new phones to the irish market......

In Gotham....anything is possible!! Not so sure bout Gotaham!!!!

I'll be importing my phone through ebay though so no need to wait....just means you have to wait longer and pay more if you do!!

• Advertisement

there all pretty expensive if you go the ebay route, might it be time to look at a bill phone? The iphone 3G is going to set you back a nice whack on ebay, might it be better to go with 02....

no1 is better off with O2........

metalfest wrote: »
    no1 is better off with O2........

that 18mt iphone contract is a stinker, if it was any way right it might have weened me off 3, insted I went with the Viewty which I really like....

did you consider the Viewty Batman, must be well priced on ebay these days....the screen in bigger than the Tocco and it's lighter than the iphone....

I agree with metalfest....everybody is on meteor so its cheaper in the long run...anyways meteor has led the way on offers over the last few years!!!

the viewty IS availiable on meteor batman, have you considered pay monthly?

• Advertisement

I dont think the viewty has wifi does it?? I know it has a good camera and is def the cheapest of the lot!! Never will go with pay monthly......i pay 20 every month now and could send over 5000 meteor to meteor messages!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Nokia N95GB FTW

:o batman does this mean you didnt sign onto meteor's latest offer??

Im only on free meteor to meteor messages!!!! Haven't switched to free talk and text yet!!! Nokia N95....isn't that the block of a phone!?

The Batman wrote: »
    anyways meteor has led the way on offers over the last few years!!!

completly disagree but that's nothing got to do with your question...:D

Never mind the network, it's the phone your after....

how about a batphone

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dmobo-039-s-New-I-Rock-M8-Batman-Phone-40959.shtml

meteor to meteor texts FTW
    *salutes batman*

Haha thats brilliant....i'll get that phone for when im on duty!!! Can i use my sim card in the iphone 3g?

metalfest wrote: »
    meteor to meteor texts FTW
    *salutes batman*

You just cant beat it!! What do i look for in a girl.....METEOR!!!!!!!

if i wanna send 5001 texts for free a month, i think i will!! fair usage policy?HA

You just cant beat it!! What do i look for in a girl.....METEOR!!!!!!!

Bet you've never video called your girlfried when she's just jumped out of the shower...somethings you just can't put a price on...

wtf is a text message, they used to use them in the 90's if I remember correctly:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

got to the iphonee have one my silf bast phone evar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

xbox36016 wrote: »

:confused:

xbox36016 wrote: »

Now there's a man that knows what he's talking about.:D
    (christ, predictive text has really runed a generation)

Batman have you an apple mac or macbook, have you ever used a mac?

iphone best phone evar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Its under smart phones on ebay....then again i know nothing about phones!! E71 is too big and no touch screen!! Think im looking for iphone/tocco size and style!!

the e71 is about the exact same size as an iphone! ;)
    and instead of the touchscreen it has a real qwerty, connects to any pc without itunes and an affadavit...
    Oh...I think I'll stop here! Have you tried any of those phones? Have you ever tried a phone? In the last 5 years I mean?

yap get a iphone than

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

how "smart" do you want it?
    If you want a versitile smartphone get the N95 8GB. Not much to beat it in all categories tbh. Its a brick but a very intelligent one.. and it has a smaller "footprint" overall than a tacko or an iphone.
    Other smartphone options are windows based offerings from htc et al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

strecker wrote: »
    the e71 is about the exact same size as an iphone! ;)
    and instead of the touchscreen it has a real qwerty, connects to any pc without itunes and an affadavit...
    Oh...I think I'll stop here! Have you tried any of those phones? Have you ever tried a phone? In the last 5 years I mean?

Actually, the e71 is a bit smaller than the iPhone 3G ;)

Another vote here for any of Nokia's new e-series... Fantastic smart phones. However, it would appear Batman only wants a fashion phone.

"However, it would appear Batman only wants a fashion phone.[/quote]

I want a phone that does look good yes. I dont want a really serious phone that will operate a rocket...just something to check mail,good web and handles music well. Batman has to look good!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement