Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ScummVM on iPhone

• 29-09-2008 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I stumbled accross this last night and I love it.

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/IPhone

I've been playing Day Of The Tentacle all day and its very playable.
    There are a couple of different modes for using the cursor (i think the one i use is called touchpad mode)
    it does take a while to get used to and i found the menu difficult to access at first.
    it auto saves every 5 min which is nice and runs in the background when you click the home button.

I def think this is a killer app for the iphone, as there aren't any very good games for free on the app store.

I'm looking forward to finishing dott and moving onto simon the sorcerer next :D

anyone else tried it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there sound? How does Monkey Island play? These are very important questions that need to be answered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

There is sound, dott even has voice audio on the cutscenes, which is something i didnt remember from before, i think its cos i had the floppy version on the 486 and nowim using the cd version.
    I havnt tried any other games yet, concentrating on the purple tentacle atm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Hmm, very interesting. Shall have to look into jailbreaking then.

Advertisement