Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Texting problems

Options
  • 29-09-2008 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

I recently asked a girl for her number and then asked her out throught text, she replied straight away and seemed happy about meeting up. Since then ive texted her twice but no reply

What should I do??

Anto

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

eh...ring her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

RING.

jesus christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Nothing! If you persist you'll look too eager/stalkerish and she'll hate that.

It may be a test. So DO NOT text her. If you don't hear back, move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Carturo

Eh no! Don't ring her. He's texted twice with no reply! If she texts back, then call her. Ringing her now I reckon will not do you any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Could be working? Wait til later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bluemoney

ye just not sure, the time between the two text was like 3 days. It usually isnt this difficult but just really like her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

you should have just rang her. if it was me i'd leave it. if a guy kept txting me i'd be alittle scared but then again if it had been me i'd have set you straight.

Another thing is ive known her for a couple of weeks, so she isnt a random girl that i just got her number off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Bluemoney wrote: »
    Another thing is ive known her for a couple of weeks, so she isnt a random girl that i just got her number off

Ye friends on bebo? Maybe leave her a comment? But if it was me Id prob play it cool now seen as she didn’t text back and if you have heard noting in a weeks time ring her up and just ask her out. At least she wont think your mad after her if you don’t contact her for a bit.

No were not, but coolin for a while and then giving her a ring sounds like good advice

• Advertisement

Any other ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

What other options have you got, can you "accidently" bump into her in the pub? Send her a message on a social network site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

When you asked her out did you make any specific plans? Time and place type thing?

Or was it a "fancy a drink some time?"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Text her again asking her why she hasn't replied. Tell her you really, really like her and you don't understand why she'd do this to you and you'll die if she doesn't write back.

Then if she doesn't reply to that, text her again every hour, on the hour until she writes back.

I'm a girl, this has worked on me in the past. It shows determination and dedication. Two very important qualities in a man.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Works for me, although I usually go with half-hourly after the first six hours without a response. Never have had to go more than another 8 hours after that without getting a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Bluemoney wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently asked a girl for her number and then asked her out throught text, she replied straight away and seemed happy about meeting up. Since then ive texted her twice but no reply

What should I do??

Anto

She's no longer interested. She probably doesn't want to say it out straight. Just leave her be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Phlann wrote: »
    Text her again asking her why she hasn't replied. Tell her you really, really like her and you don't understand why she'd do this to you and you'll die if she doesn't write back.

Then if she doesn't reply to that, text her again every hour, on the hour until she writes back.

I'm a girl, this has worked on me in the past. It shows determination and dedication. Two very important qualities in a man.

If I text a girl and she hadn't gotten back on to me in a couple of days I'd take it as a sign she wasn't interested. If a girl started texting me every hour or so I'd be pretty annoyed that she doesn't get the hint by me not texting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

If I text a girl and she hadn't gotten back on to me in a couple of days I'd take it as a sign she wasn't interested. If a girl started texting me every hour or so I'd be pretty annoyed that she doesn't get the hint by me not texting back.

You'd be annoyed at constant texts?:confused: that's a bit mean!

OP I don't think you should ring her now, you should have rang her in the first place though. Don't bebo her or anything, leave things be and if she contacts you then great, go from there.

Ye we didnt set any definate plans. She kind of hinted about this weekend. Ye i could just wait about her house and then follow her to see where she go and then try and bump into her:D..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

OP You should definately Buboe her, she is obviously in need of a good "poke"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Dont do this!! Screams desperate!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

OMG - just pick the phone up and dial her number when she answer speak to her :eek::mad::eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

seriously dont do this. i would be straight on the to police or mobile phone people getting this number blocked.

just phone her, why the hell did you even bothering texting her in the first place. text messages are for losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Sarcasm anyone? :rolleyes:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Ignore these people, OP. They don't have your best interests at heart and clearly don't understand women the way a real woman like myself does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Ignore these people, OP. They don't have your best interests at heart and clearly don't understand women the way a real woman like myself does.

Quite right! I would also suggest finding out where they live and be considerately waiting for them when the come home from a night out! And they would like nothing more I am sure than to get up in the middle of the night for a drink of water and see you standing there in the garden gazing longingly at her bedroom window! Chin up OP, love will find a way!*

*Warning, this may work but it may also get you arrested and put on a register!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

LOL @ Phlann & SlowMotion. :D:D Gas altogether lads.

On topic OP, let it be a lesson learned. Next time just call the girl. Down with that texting rubbish, seriously annoying.

Advertisement