Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mobile work shop

Options
  • 29-09-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

i have just kitted out the back of my fiat ducato van in to a mobile work shop. i herd once that these vehicle do not have to have a doe, is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Mobile workshops need a doe test now, just remember to get it weighed before you bring it for test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They also have to conform to certain criteria, ie what ever is installed, ie Compressor, bench, vice shelving must be permanently fixed. People in the past used to get away with taking half the stuff out again once the van has been examined and registered by the DOE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Surely above all else it's still a van and needs a DOE???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Yes your right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Darragh29 wrote: »

Not in the past, it was up until recently a loophole to escape the DOE and get cheap tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Potluck wrote: »
    i have just kitted out the back of my fiat ducato van in to a mobile work shop. i herd once that these vehicle do not have to have a doe, is this true?

Do you have any pics,would be interested to see the setup? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Potluck

so need a doe then, what about the tax is that still cheap??:D

Advertisement