Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen Weekend Location?

• 29-09-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    Starting to plan my hen weekend, ad i'm strongly considering waterford, I've been there before and really enjoyed myself.
    Have people any views on waterford as a hen weekend location? in terms of clubs pubs etc. bearing in mind the paryt will have a variety of ages in it.
    Alternatively anyone wanna suggest other locations????
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Cork - Easy to get accom, good nightlife, wide range of scenes

Waterford (My Home) - Easy to get accom, alright nightlife, all clubs close together so you wont get lost, not a huge variety

Kilkenny - Seems to be a big one for stag.hen do's, havent been outthere much so cantcomment on the night life.

Someone also told me westport was supposed to be good for the stag weekends too.

Bundoran has a decent nightlife too, you'd probably want ot catch it on a bank holiday to get it in full swing though

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deirdre8

thanks for that, what are the clubs like in wtaerford?? want somewhere with lots of cheesey music and possibly cocktails!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Waterford main spots would be -

Bars
    Masons - Youngish crowd, current music, two floors, usually very full, cocktails
    Harveys - Mixed crowd, mixed music, large (nice outdoor smoking area), dance floor area, cocktails (seems to be a big hit with hen parties in general), late bar
    Kazbar - Mixed crowd, live music, 3 floors, very crowded, not sure about cocktails, late bar (I Think)
    Electric Avenue - Decent spot, two floors, depends on the night what sort of music, unsure about cocktails

Clubs
    Rubys - Used to be a mixed crowd with cheesy 80s dance tunes, last time i was in there I felt like a child molestor (i'm 24), seems to be after turning into the teeny bopper spot
    Oxygen - Havent been there in a while usually the slightly older crowd IIRC, couldnt say what stlye music they play now, bar underneath it is called muldoons, also an okay bar. Free entry to the club from here usually.
    The Loft - A club part of electric avenue, relatively new, never been there only heard people talk about it

Apologies for the scant details, havent been home in a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 deirdre8

thanks!!! thats better than what i had anyway!

Advertisement