Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here use Traktor?

• 29-09-2008 6:39pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have an M-Audio Torq Xponent. The Torq software is good but I want to try using the Xponent with Traktor.

Trying to get the two to work together is very confusing... anyone know more than me about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Does the xponant not just work as a standard midi controller

I could be wrong but on another forum there was talk of issues getting the jog wheels to work correctly with Traktor, somthing to do with speed variences being transmitted instead of standard on/off midi messsages... (don't quote me)...

I would assume the rest of the controls can just be set up with midi learn .. (once the controller is active in the midi settings pane).

I'd try searching the Native Forums and see if anyone has a ready made TKS for download (theres always one helpful individual up there!)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah I have a .tks file, I found where to load it in the MIDI settings but nothing changes...

Pretty confused and no idea what to do now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Thats odd :-S ..

Is the Xponant showing as the active midi controller in the midi/out interfaces pane ?

Its Weird that its doing nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I hate setting up midi devices. I have a trigger finger thats supposed to pretty much work out of the box that I havent been able to set up. Its a stubborn bitch. Gonna give it another bash tonight.

Zascar have you had a look over on the Torq forums? I remember there being a few threads about issues getting Xponent set up with Traktor in the past.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

People on the Toq forums told me to go over to the NI Forums.

People at the NI forums told me to Read the F**King Manual! lol

I'll keep at it and someone is bound to help me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Did they not have any "super" easy work arounds (they usually do). That forum is full of idiots and their over use of words like "super" really grinds my gears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

you should try creating your own midi template using the midi learn feature, i had the same problem with my mixers default tks file, hopefully that works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Just bought myself a Hercules USB RMX Console which I have mapped to Traktor...works like a charm! All I need to do now is to learn to DJ! ;)

What's it like? Looks like a budget version of the Vestax VCI-100. The first controller I bought was the Hercules DJ Console Mk1. Piece of crap but you have to start somewhere... I'm sure te RMX is miles better, there is a lot more competition now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeah Ive heard the DJ Console MK1 was a piece of ****.

Apparently Hercules listened to their customers with this new RMX Console as its an absoloute beast! Build quality is very very good with little or no latency. It's my first piece of kit and I couldn't be happier :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement