Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mac on pc

• 29-09-2008 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

is it possible to run mac os on a pc?
    , ie via iomega external harddrive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's possible, but it's illegal AFAIK and therefore no one will tell you how to go about doing it on this site anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

oh right, thanks, i remember seein someone using winidows on a mac via that system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Windows on a mac is another story, You'll need a valid copy of windows, Look in2 bootcamp

i'm just interested on running mac os, which i will pay for, and run it via pc,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

metalfest wrote: »
    i'm just interested on running mac os, which i will pay for, and run it via pc,

Possible, but not legally therefore nobody here will advise.

• Advertisement

ah kk, thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

google will advise you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

It can actually be legal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

it's called hacking...and hacking is bad...mmmmmmkay?!....it's also quite difficult to hack OSX onto a PC by the way.

why would you want osx on a pc...omg...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

The best way to evaluate another os on a windows PC would be to download a copy of vmware server, which is free when you register with them and create a virtual machine using a LEGAL copy of the OS you wish to test.

http://www.vmware.com/products/server/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is that better than VirtualBox, would I be wasting my time trying to install a mac OS onto VirtualBox, sure macs are the same as pc's now arent they

Advertisement