Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Corel Draw 2 PSD export trouble

Options
  • 29-09-2008 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

I'm using Corel Draw 12 /I know, but don't laugh/ for the basic work and colour layout and then exporting either section or whole image to PSD and then working on it in Photoshop 7, where I can do some enhancement on it.

It worked fine for a few years, but out of the sudden, amd having a trouble to do so. It just either don't export the image at all, or opens as a blank square if exported.
    Have tried to export it to AI file, the same. Strangely enough, some other part of the image can be exported without any hassle...

I am doing the same as I did many times before. Just doesn't work as it should.
    To be honest am bit fecked now and no, really don't want to get a new versions of those programs if I don't have to :o

Any suggestions?

Any help appriciated, thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

What else can Corel Draw export? Can you use a pdf converter to print to pdf and open the pdf in PS7?

primopdf is a decent enough free pdffer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

MS Word can import .cdr files and you could just do a C&P then into photoshop.

AI should also take Coral format no problem so maybe you have an option ticked that you don;t normally have or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Thanks guys :)
    I think I got it sorted...
    I just remembered that sometimes files in the Corel Draw gets a bit funny especially the large ones which are being frequently re-saved and re-worked.
    So I've saved every sub-component of the file as a separate file. And exported it. Worked no problem. So fingers crossed...

Oh, this is how am killing my spare time:

p40b_VMoA.jpg

spitfire_prXI.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

^nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Very nice. My brother does these aswell and gets a 'Limited' amount printed up and sells them. He only does Irish air corp ones. He also did a site with all the various Army badges etc... www.bailerweb.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Scotty # wrote: »
    Very nice. My brother does these aswell and gets a 'Limited' amount printed up and sells them. He only does Irish air corp ones. He also did a site with all the various Army badges etc... www.bailerweb.com

...a competition then :D:D Cheers
    Nice webpage

Advertisement