Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 121 - Suspension gone

Options
  • 29-09-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi,

suspension went in my Mazda 121 (ford Fiesta shape).

I reckon ill go for the breakers yard option for the part, but what kind of hours can i expect to get hit with?

Ive a mechanic down the road, and id like to know before i get the quote

ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

ogriofa wrote: »
    Hi,

suspension went in my Mazda 121 (ford Fiesta shape).

I reckon ill go for the breakers yard option for the part, but what kind of hours can i expect to get hit with?

Ive a mechanic down the road, and id like to know before i get the quote

ta

You aren't saving any money by getting a shock absorber in a scrapyard. Just be sure your mechanic will let you supply parts and is also OK with fitting scrap yard parts. Usually for a shock you are looking at around an hour a side, so if your getting your front shocks done, that's two hours.

What exactly is wrong with your suspension???

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Its fine on well paved road, but when it goes over a bumpy road its making noise. Its kind of a grown. When i get out and lean on the offside front it groans, but not on the nearside.

Pretty sure its that.

An hour you say? Great! How much for a new shock? (roughly of course)

thanks

Advertisement