Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are dell so bad to deal with

Options
  • 29-09-2008 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

thay told me that the sale and supply of goods and services act 1980 is a made up story by me and that thay will not fix a camputer under warranty any one else have the same exp from dell move if this is the wrong thread
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

What is the problem you went to them with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

thay will not fix my 12 weak old loptop

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

and whats wrong with your laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fixed the typo in the title.
    What is the problem you're having exactly.?
    If you tell us this, we may be able to help you more/understand the situation.

xbox36016 wrote: »

That isn't the problem you went to them with though. I asked what you went to them with so we could possibly help. What you posted was the alleged outcome of your conversation with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

The sale of goods act does not cover a lot of things - what exactly is the issue ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

got a varis and thay told that nortan is 3rd party and it will be 100 euros to fix

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Get in contact with the ncai. If you want our help start a new thread with more details in it.

got a varis and thay told that nortan is 3rd party and it will be 100 euros to fix

They are correct. Viruses are basically your own fault and problem for the most part. They are generally very simple to remove too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There is nothing wrong with your laptop, and absolutely no reason for dell to accept a return/replacement/repair. You can reinstall windows, or use free virus removal software, avg, avast, spybot search and destroy to name a few.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement