Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting wet

Options
  • 29-09-2008 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

lol!!!

How long should you wait after getting a tattoo before going swimming? like in pools with the auld clorine and that?

Thanks in advance...

Kris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i'd say till it's fully healed, you don't want anything interfering with the healing process at all since it is really an open wound

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

i think it says on the after care sheets to leave it for about a month.as far as helping the healing process that tattoo goo stuff is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

until the tattoo has returned to the texture of your own skin

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

As the others said, wait until the tattoo is fully healed. The whole idea is that the scabs shouldn't come off prematurely and if you submerge your tattoo in water the scabs will become soft and will be easier to come off. The scabs should come off naturally. That's before you bring chlorine into the equation.

Wait until it's fully healed... It'll be worth the wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

god , just seen this when i was getting my piercing , some girl walk in and said she had a problem with her tattoo , she kept wetting it , its ruined , so stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I must say Im highly dissappointed with the content of this thread, the title had so much going for it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

HA made you look...

thanks guys!!!

Advertisement