Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Princess is lost or stolen

Options
  • 29-09-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Please help find Princess, please keep your eyes open for this dog, I have added a link which you can print a poster from.

http://dogdetective.com:80/pet-details.cfm?id=996515

Her owner discharged herself from hospital yesterday when Princess went missing. Please help to find her.

Hope this is ok to post here????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

also try putting a message up on www.lostandfound.ie , http://petsireland.invisionzone.com and www.irishanimals.com
    good luck, I hope you find her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Roscrea SPCA

Princess is still missing. You can imagine what we're like trying to find her. We just spent the last few hours wondering around Tullamore as we received a call about a stray dog similar to Princess there, unfortunately we did not find her and from talking to people there I don't think it was her.

A Garda contact has emailed her poster to the Super in Galway and I have also been in touch with the ISPCA inspectors that will be at the Balinasloe Fair. If she is not home before Saturday we will be going down ourselves to look for her there.

If any of you are planning on going or have contacts in the area please let me know and I will get posters with her photo to you.

Thank you for any help you can give us.

Teresa
    087 268 2466

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is she microchipped does she have a tag with owners address and number on it?

Another tip would be to contact all the post offices in the surrounding area, postmen are on every street every day, if you can't do that perhaps posting a few posters in and around the local post offices so the posties pass it on their way out.

Thanks for that.

Our own postman is on the case and I went to a few of the other POs in the area. I have emailed her poster to the general PO addresses.

Maybe people who are viewing this thread could print off a poster and drop it into their local POs, Garda stations, vets etc.

Thanks again,

Teresa
    087 268 2466

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I'm not being smart when I say this but you have been asked a few times between this thread and the other if she is microchipped and you haven't answered. I'd be a bit disappointed if she isn't, considering you are involved with a SPCA and really hope she is. :)

I am really am keeping this girl in my thoughts and hope she finds her way home.

• Advertisement

She is and she was wearing two collars with a tag on each. However I imagine the collars and tags are long gone.

Still no sign. We have had a few calls from people thinking they saw her, we went out to each call looking and in all cases but one found dogs but none were her.

Hey everyone,

This is Princess. Mammy and Daddy told me that you have all been praying and sending happy wishes our way, well they worked!

Mammy got a phone call around noon from Lorna at DSPCA on Mount Venus in Dublin. Lorna had received a photo of me from Mammy (one of hundreds of emails Mammy sent!) and when Lorna saw me she called Mammy straight away.

A nice lady called Linda found me in Tallaght yesterday and she brought me home with her and gave me some food and drink, then she brought me into the DSPCA.

When Lorna called Mammy, both Mammy and Daddy started to cry they were so happy and relived. They knew I’d come home but as the days went by they worried more and more about me and what was happening to me. I’ve lost a lot of weight and my shiny black coat was very dirty, dull and beginning to go brown because I wasn’t getting any nutrition.

The funny thing is my Mammy’s best friend, Mari went to Balinasloe to help look for me there and I was found only 5 minutes away from Mari’s house in front of the shop where Mari does her shopping! On the way home we dropped by Linda’s and Mark’s (the lady who found me) house, we gave them some flowers and chocolates, I think Mammy scared Linda cause when she opened her door Mammy was stood there in tears and then she gave Linda a big hug!

I’ve had a bath and Mammy made me some yumyum chicken & rice for dinner and now I’m going to curl up beside the fire and sleep for the rest of the week! Daddy said I’m having steak tomorrow, I can’t wait.

Mammy and Daddy said that we’re never going to be out of their sight again, there goes my digging holes in the garden again anyway.

Thank you all for being so supportive and kind, we all appreciate it very much.

Lots of doggie kisses,

Princess

PS
    Remember that Halloween is coming soon so keep all your doggies in doors!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭fits

Oh I'm so glad to hear you found her.

Advertisement