Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike carrier

Options
  • 29-09-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Any advice please on best carrier for 2 bikes on a Toyota Yaris Verso? I'd prefer the bikes on the back of the car rather than on the roof for ease of use.
    Thanks in anticipation
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

only one choice in my view....

http://www.thule.com/Thule/Page____2205.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

mwexford wrote: »
    Any advice please on best carrier for 2 bikes on a Toyota Yaris Verso? I'd prefer the bikes on the back of the car rather than on the roof for ease of use.
    Thanks in anticipation

Hiya
    Do yo have a tow? Is your car new(ish)? If you car has a tow - IMO tow carriers are the best - if not they can (in addition to the Tow) cost a lot. If your looking for a cheap option and not overly concerned about getting some marks on your car any cheap rear door mounting should suffice... I got mine in Aldi and it's grand..mind you my bike is worth more than my car...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭mwexford

Thanks for that Boomdocker - I'll check them out - site looks v interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭mwexford

I looked at that Aldi option - among the few cars that it said it wouldn't suit was, guess what - Toyota Yaris Verso!. i think it's to do with the way the rear door opens - from one side - and the hinges may not be strong enough to take the weight. I'll check out the towbar route - scratches on my car would not even be noticed!
    Thanks for your advice

Advertisement