Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from a Hong Kong based ebay seller?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dunno bout You, but I'd rather spend €20 more on a warranty that doesn't mean having to ship to Hong Kong if anything goes wrong. Get an aftermarket cooler for a Sapphire, Sapphire available here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

I bought a nokia charger from there.

Thought it worked fine initially but it takes twice as long to charge a phone.

Wouldn't buy anything of this guy, there's enough bad comments some fairly dodgy ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

plus you could get stung for VAT by customs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Thinking of buying one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/New-HIS-ATI-Radeon-HD-4670-IceQ-512MB-PCIe-Graphic-Card_W0QQitemZ140271319999QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item140271319999&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

Including shipping (listed in Australian dollars for some reason??) it should come to just under 90 euro. Considering no Irish sites have even listed this particular version yet (the Sapphire version is meant to be noisier) this doesn't seem bad at all.

I've never bought off a Hong Kong ebay seller though. I've just avoided sellers from Asia as I assume the stuff is probably going to be fake or black market or something. :o

Anybody got experience in this department?

No way avoid it forget it as said you could get stung with a customs charge plus a longer wait and no warranty.

Advertisement