Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DETERMINED TO BEAT YOUR FRIENDS??

• 29-09-2008 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

ok so this might be a bit sad but im determined to beat my friends. i just have to, to prove myself. my friends think im doing nothing with regards to study and stuff but actually i am. i went to leeson street during august and i didnt even tell my friends cause i dont want to give them my notes. this may make me out to be sly but my friends keep annoying me and saying that i wont get the points for commerce/bussines and law in ucd and that i'll end up going to DIT(not that theres anything wrong wit dit).
    so i kinda just want them to fall on there arse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The only person you have to prove to is yourself. Nevermind your friends LC, concentrate on what you need to do. The LC is not a competition. That's how I think about it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Sounds kind of like you need better friends who don't slag you into spending 9 months of your life secretly trying to outdo them.

I understand the joking, "Oh haha, need to do better than them" thing, but as the poster before me said... remember, it is just for yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,553 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Why not just have a long-mickey contest and be done with it?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Healthy competition is ok.
    But make sure to compare urself to the best in your class..........and if u happen to be the best.....................HAPPY HAPPY DAYS!:p:pac::D

I did LC this yr and me and my friend both got A1's in maths.
    He still reminds me, even now, that he beat me by 2% in the pre's.
    But its just abitafun!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

a mate of mine is convinced she'll get higher points then me and reminds me so.
    chances are she will but still not fun to be told

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I really wouldn't mind if my friends got higher points then me, I'd be happy for them.

I'll try my best if there better then fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

creggy wrote: »
    The only person you have to prove to is yourself. Nevermind your friends LC, concentrate on what you need to do. The LC is not a competition. That's how I think about it..

Clearly you are not familiar with the points system in that case. OP are you just venting or where you looking for advice or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Clearly you are not familiar with the points system in that case. OP are you just venting or where you looking for advice or something?

Of course I'm familiar with the points system. The LC is a competition to an extent but, I'm just saying competing against in your friends for the highest amount of points isn't a good idea IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

MY friends and I all want different things from life, and we all need different points. There's no competition and we all do different amounts of study, why would we compete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

daffy-duck wrote: »
    ok so this might be a bit sad but im determined to beat my friends. i just have to, to prove myself. my friends think im doing nothing with regards to study and stuff but actually i am. i went to leeson street during august and i didnt even tell my friends cause i dont want to give them my notes. this may make me out to be sly but my friends keep annoying me and saying that i wont get the points for commerce/bussines and law in ucd and that i'll end up going to DIT(not that theres anything wrong wit dit).

maybe they think you're doing nothing because you're hiding the fact that you're studying? why the big secret? maybe they'll stop saying you won't get the points if you tell them/show them you are working. maybe they are only concerned that you won't get what you want because you appear not to be working...life's too short for this kind of behaviour.

and if they are your friends why would you want them to fall on their arses? doesn't sound like the way i'd treat my friends.

work away but do it for yourself, and don't get caught up in hoping your friends will fail. bitterness isn't nice. if they are working they deserve to get what they want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

OP: Why are you telling us all of this?

Nobody really cares. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

daffy-duck wrote: »
    my friends think im doing nothing with regards to study and stuff but actually i am.
    my friends keep annoying me and saying that i wont get the points for commerce/bussines and law in ucd and that i'll end up going to DIT(not that theres anything wrong wit dit).
    Your friends sound like lovely people. :rolleyes:
    i went to leeson street during august and i didnt even tell my friends cause i dont want to give them my notes.
    And so do you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yes, I'm going to bludgeon them with my physics book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭decdec456

Yeah not so much beating my friends but rather beating stupid girls who after getting an unexpected B1 in a Rich essay suddenly wants to go to Oxford to study english!

DAT B**CH SHO GET OVA HERSELF!! lol

i'm determined for her to get an A2 and me to get a A1 !

Bitter Icing Shame!!!

lol :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In ten years time you are unlikely to have seen these school friends in years.

This is one of those threads will make you blush inside in a few years.

Scarlet for you (in advance).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

No competition at all between me and my friends beyond the friendly "Ha, I did better than you".

And by 'no competition' I mean I'm going to kill them. That way they'll never beat me. :pac:

Im sorry but i go to a school that is deteriorating every year

I would love to go to Institiute This or Terenure College that but noooo

I just want ot make some mark on this dump and all the imbeciles contained in it

I like having pride because It makes me feel purposeful

as for those calling this childish HOW??? just a bit of meaningless competition, yes I ranted about a silly goat of a girl WHO IS NEVER going to Oxford but that's just me having a bit of a rant

Sorry if i'm morally "IMPURE" to some people on this , i'm just human, i'll admit malice is wrong but at least i'm not preaching ideals at how people should say or express things

People need to take life with a pinch of salt sometimes

PLOTZLICH!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Darn morally impure folk, coming in here, posting around like they own the place.

Before y'know it they'll be taking our jobs too.

decdec456 wrote: »
    Im sorry but i go to a school that is deteriorating every year

I would love to go to Institiute This or Terenure College that but noooo

I just want ot make some mark on this dump and all the imbeciles contained in it
    By beating your friends? Yes, I'm sure they'll have a plaque on the wall, "To Decdec, who beat his/her friends at the LC. What a hero. Definitely put us on the map."

At least you have motivation to succeed, even if it is for... bizarre reasons, I suppose. Though I find myself asking what fee paying schools have to do with this... Do your friends go to the Institute, or Terenure College?
    Sorry if i'm morally "IMPURE" to some people on this , i'm just human, i'll admit malice is wrong but at least i'm not preaching ideals at how people should say or express things
    Have you read the thread? Who is preaching anything about how to say anything? Also, just because someone else did something worse, it doesn't make what you're doing better. (Though whether preaching is worse than being malicious is a matter for another debate on another thread on another board.)

I'll admit it can be satisfying to see someone who's irritatingly smug be beaten, but I can't really understand doing it to your friends. I felt bad for having beaten my friends; they worked more than I did, they probably wanted it more.

Oh christ i don't know why i get involved in these threads because people take such personal contexts from them

*Goes and does chemistry question*

• Advertisement

By beating your friends? Yes, I'm sure they'll have a plaque on the wall, "To Decdec, who beat his/her friends at the LC. What a hero. Definitely put us on the map."

At least you have motivation to succeed, even if it is for... bizarre reasons, I suppose. Though I find myself asking what fee paying schools have to do with this... Do your friends go to the Institute, or Terenure College?

Have you read the thread? Who is preaching anything about how to say anything? Also, just because someone else did something worse, it doesn't make what you're doing better. (Though whether preaching is worse than being malicious is a matter for another debate on another thread on another board.)

I'll admit it can be satisfying to see someone who's irritatingly smug be beaten, but I can't really understand doing it to your friends. I felt bad for having beaten my friends; they worked more than I did, they probably wanted it more.

oh and for the record I don't mean my friends when i say imbeciles, i mean the couldntbebothered's that come with a community school

ah whatever i really have stopped regarding you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RavensCall

creggy wrote: »
    The only person you have to prove to is yourself.

x2, true motivation comes from inside and has nothing to do with external factors like beating your friends

Strong Schadenfreude with OP

oh and for the record I don't mean my friends when i say imbeciles, i mean the couldntbebothered's that come with a community school
    I'm sure you get people like that in all schools.

RavensCall wrote: »
    x2, true motivation comes from inside and has nothing to do with external factors like beating your friends

Strong Schadenfreude with OP

deutsch ist lecker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

ah whatever i really have stopped regarding you

Ah, god love ya creatur, if you think the "couldntbebothered's" (I presume the missing and extra apostrophes were a once-off mistake...) of this world are solely confined to your lowly community school.

Time spent worrying about other people's work is time wasted on your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm sure you get people like that in all schools.

Including private schools and the institute, there is a surprising amount of people who only go to school to please their parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Now now, "'beat" is such a harsh wo...yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I want to hammer my friends, especially my best friend, and then give them paper cuts with my results sheet. 1,2,3.......WIN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I want to physically beat my friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

K4t wrote: »
    I want to hammer my friends, especially my best friend,

Does he/she know about this, or where you even aware of the potential innuendo when you posted this :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement