Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sage systems

• 29-09-2008 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi all,
    just wondering if any of you out there use "Sage" for payroll.
    I'ts for a small company employing 9 staff members.I need to know if its easy to use and if its worth the money..any thoughts would be great,
    thanks,
    audi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,

I use Sage Payroll, I find it ok to use.
    There is a 1-10 users version, but be aware, if your staff change during the year, each leaver, is still counted in the total. So if you replace 2-3employees during the year, you will need to upgrade to the next version that handles more employees.

Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭romah

I have used Sage in the past but switched over to Collsoft around 3 years ago and find it great for small company

do exactly what sage does..ie. payslips , reports , P30s , p45s etc but a lot cheaper

costs €120 +VAT for this year

its the "Technical Support" & "Maintenance" that you pay for with Sage

You can download a free trial ..

I would certainly recommend it as simple and affordable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,

I have used the Tech Support and maintenance and would say it is critical to have it. Is is worth the extra cost, and could save you money later on.

Good luck whatever option you pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

If you are going for Sage Quickpay with 9 employees you would be better of to go with the Quickpay plus as you would run out of employee numbers if you had two new starters as Quickpay 10 will only deal with 10 tax records in the tax year. You can download Quickpay 3 for free from Sage Website if you want to try it out.

The most important thing with any payroll is support, when you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bathladybird

thanks so much,
    reckon i'll go with the upgraded version..deffo would need the maintainence and tech support..going on maternity leave soon and have to set something up for the staff before i leave!
    audi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

You should be able to get a good deal if you work hard. good luck with Mat Leave.

Advertisement