Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 weeks notice

Options
  • 29-09-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Is it usual to recieve the date of your test and location of test centre only 2 weeks in advance (2 weeks 3 days more precisely)?

I applied the normal route and have not applied for a cancellation etc.

Is it me or is this unusually short notice? The website states 4/5 weeks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Probably got delayed in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Silas45

No Stark it was dated just a couple of days before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Not that unusual, seeing the quickening test times, the notices seem to get shorter also. I've heard similar times for receiving a notice for a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Used to be 4 weeks in advance when there was a waiting list of months but it was on the news a while ago when the law changed that people who applied could be given less than a weeks notice.

2 weeks is plenty of time, get lessons and practice, practice, practice. Make sure it's good practice.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I found out today that I have a test on Saturday week. So not uncommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

According to a SGS rep they notify upto 6 weeks in advance, but generally between 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I was notified by SGS 6 weeks in advance, but was out of the country and only back 2 weeks before the test. I took a pretest lesson every second day coming up to the test and passed. So long as you make proper use of the next 2 weeks you will be fine.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

When they were doing Sunday tests, I got a call at 17:00 on a Friday to ask would I do it on the Sunday.

Now that was short notice and the gf got a new car so couldn't use that as there was no tax disc or proper insurance disc. Had to do it in an unusual car I got a loan of on the ySaturday night and failed miserabley

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

When I was rescheduling my test recently, they said would 11:30 suit you? I asked what day, they said 'tomorrow' :eek:

Advertisement