Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guarantor Insurance???

Options
  • 29-09-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Just wondering if it is possible to take out an insurance policy against a guarantor having to pay out should a borrower default?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

tracy1002 wrote: »
    Just wondering if it is possible to take out an insurance policy against a guarantor having to pay out should a borrower default?

I don't think so, I've never heard of it. But why would the borrower default, and is that an insurable event? Probably - payment protection insurance being one example.

I should ask, is this a standard mortgage question, or a larger ticket deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭tracy1002

Nothing sinister.... its actually a sports club borrowing money for development and looking for people to be guarantors...... good idea or bad:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Its a risk, so I would expect something in return, in practice its probably a sports club you know and love, so usually this would take the form of lifetime membership, loving care etc etc. If you're not happy with that then don't do it.

As long as its not Cork City FC it might not be too bad.

Advertisement