Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with @live.ie account

• 29-09-2008 9:43pm
    Moderators Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭

Tried searching the forum and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Having a problem with my @live.ie account. I registered an account and sent some test emails from the account to another email account. All received ok. I sent emails back to the @live.ie account and none have appeared in my inbox or junk email folders. Was wondering if anyone would have an ideas what I have to do to get it working?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

you can log in with either .ie and .com usernames same password.

it failed for me to .ie until after i logged in (i got a message about not loggin on for 120 days)

went straight through on .com

so just log in with .ie in the user name and try again

so it seems you get 2 seperate accounts on live mail

Edit : wait from your post it looks like you only just signed up ??? try log in with .com also and have a look

• Moderators Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

calex71 wrote: »
    you can log in with either .ie and .com usernames same password.

it failed for me to .ie until after i logged in (i got a message about not loggin on for 120 days)

went straight through on .com

so just log in with .ie in the user name and try again

so it seems you get 2 seperate accounts on live mail

Edit : wait from your post it looks like you only just signed up ??? try log in with .com also and have a look
    Yep, only signed up. From what I understand your saying instead of using myusername@live.ie I should try myusername@live.com??
    This doesn't make sense to me as I only have the @live.ie account. Could you please clarify this for me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

thats exactly what i mean, when i tried it myself after seeing you post, i was also albe to user the .com user id even though id olny signed up for a .ie one and both had the same password.

• Moderators Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

calex71 wrote: »
    thats exactly what i mean, when i tried it myself after seeing you post, i was also albe to user the .com user id even though id olny signed up for a .ie one and both had the same password.
    Ok, understand now. Just gave it a try, it correctly says the password is wrong for the user specified.

Advertisement