Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenges #1 and #2

Options
  • 29-09-2008 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Right, heard some people were interested so here goes:
    CHALLENGE #1-
    San_Marino_national_football_team_logo.png
    Your challenge is to manage the Sanmarinese national team, and win as many competitive matches as possible.
    How do you make San Marino playable?
    Easy.
    When you're starting up a new game, load up all players from San Marino.
    I loaded up the Italian and Swiss leagues, no more.
    Also, your manager must have no experience, and must have Sanmarinese nationality.
    It's tough to beat anyone to be honest, my best competitive result was that I drew with Cyprus at home, but I'm gonna give it another bash.
    Report below if you're taking up this challenge.
    edit:season limit- lets say up to and including Euro 2012 maybe?

CHALLENGE #2-
    84px-Ferencvaros.png
    Relatively straightforward. Ferencvárosi TC were once one of the most renowned clubs in Europe, and easily the best team in Hungary.
    They won the Fairs Cup in 1965, and remain the only Hungarian team to ever qualify for the CL, in 1995.
    They have won 28 Hungarian league titles, and 20 Hungarian Cups. However, they were demoted to the NBII (1st Division) in 2006 after failing to meet financial criteria, in a Shels-esque situation.
    Your task- get them promoted, and restore as best you can this club to their former glory.
    Rules: For anyone that wants- (although I won't be one) you may only buy 1 non-Hungarian player per transfer window, including loan signings.
    Good luck!
    edit:time limit- 2-4 seasons, the less the better!
    I'll post up an update of how I'm getting on later on, I'm going to take on the challenge of the mighty Ferencváros first whenever I get a chance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

This should have a season limit. And what's stopping others from doing the age-old cheating? But anywho, I'd be up for the challenges, but I can't partake of them for awhile. I'm a tad bit too busy. What version of Fm are we using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Burial wrote: »
    This should have a season limit. And what's stopping others from doing the age-old cheating? But anywho, I'd be up for the challenges, but I can't partake of them for awhile. I'm a tad bit too busy. What version of Fm are we using?
    I'll stick up season limits so.
    If people want to cheat, it's not going to bother me anyway. I just feel it's more of a challenge (hence the name of the thread) if you don't. If people can post up screenshots that'd be great too, I just don't know how.
    I'm using the default version of 08, due to my having a gammy PC and being unable to update. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'll try out San Marino.

I'll then finally find out how to post up screen shots:D

Have to say Ferencvaros is much harder than I thought.
    No transfer budget, but decent room on the wage budget for free transfers.
    I signed a 36-year old GK, A 29 year old AMRLC, and a DC who's on the Hungarian national team. (will post up names when I get the chance).
    I've done 3 friendlies- a 0-3 loss to a non-league side, 0-0 against a fellow NBII side, and 1-1 against MTK Budapest.
    Also have scheduled friendlies against Dynamo Kiev, Levski Sofia, and AC Milan Reserves, so they should bring in a bit of extra cash hopefully.
    It's just tough because your strikers are complete bollix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Might have a shot at the San Marino one after the weekend.:cool:

• Advertisement

Right well San Marion has gone as I thought.

First few games, I went 4-4-2 to see how bad they are.

So my first few result were

SM 1-6 Ireland
    Wales 7-3 SM
    Germany 8-0 SM.

Then i went 4-1-4-1.

Next few results a bit better.

SM 1-1 Cyprus :D
    SM 0-2 Czech Republic.
    Cyprus 3-0 SM.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Right well San Marion has gone as I thought.

First few games, I went 4-4-2 to see how bad they are.

So my first few result were

SM 1-6 Ireland
    Wales 7-3 SM
    Germany 8-0 SM.

Then i went 4-1-4-1.

Next few results a bit better.

SM 1-1 Cyprus :D
    SM 0-2 Czech Republic.
    Cyprus 3-0 SM.
    The great thing is: all of my goals (except 1) came from the legendary Andy Selva the last time I played this.
    Well done on scoring 3 against Wales away though, and the Cyprus result is a good one!
    Inspired by your feats, I may take up a San Marino game tomorrow

The great thing is: all of my goals (except 1) came from the legendary Andy Selva the last time I played this.
    Well done on scoring 3 against Wales away though, and the Cyprus result is a good one!
    Inspired by your feats, I may take up a San Marino game tomorrow

I actually won the second half against Wales 2-1 with ten men.:D

Andy Selva is a hero though. Up top by hiimself.

Got bored of getting beaten with San Marino so started the second challenge.

Well you start with Ferencvaros in huge financial crisis. Doing well but had a terrible start to the season losing 4 of my first 5 games.

Now I'm third, seven points behind top with 8 games left. In the semis of the Hungarian Cup against a non league team:eek:

Beaten two top league teams on my way:D

Got bored of getting beaten with San Marino so started the second challenge.

Well you start with Ferencvaros in huge financial crisis. Doing well but had a terrible start to the season losing 4 of my first 5 games.

Now I'm third, seven points behind top with 8 games left. In the semis of the Hungarian Cup against a non league team:eek:

Beaten two top league teams on my way:D
    My Ferencvaros save is really annoying me atm.
    Who'd you sign?

• Advertisement

Eh, only one player actually. Stopped playing for the night but it was an attacking midfielder on a free.

HAve the wage budget bang on.

Came 3rd in the league and lost to Debrecen in the cup final.
    Qualified for the UEFA Cup:D Much needed revenue.

Eh, only one player actually. Stopped playing for the night but it was an attacking midfielder on a free.

HAve the wage budget bang on.

Came 3rd in the league and lost to Debrecen in the cup final.
    Qualified for the UEFA Cup:D Much needed revenue.
    Fair play, in my game I'm 4th with about 6 games to go.
    Lost to Ujpest (archrivals + *****) in the Cup semi final though.
    It's a tough challenge because the standard of the league is so low

And expectation is so high too.

I would of won the cup if it wasn't for a sending off in the first half of the first leg.

And expectation is so high too.

I would of won the cup if it wasn't for a sending off in the first half of the first leg.
    How do you plan on strengthening for the UEFA Cup next season?

I don't to be honest.

Team's good enough to go up so no point in chopping and changing. Just hope for an easy draw and maybe get through a round.

Advertisement