Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

clocks stuck on dashboard of renault laguna

Options
  • 29-09-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hey wondering if anyone can help. i have a 01 renault laguna and the clocks keep sticking. i have been told the clocks need replacing and i have gotten a price off renault for over 500,

I am just wondering if there is anyway around this, can it be fixed or do i have to get reanult to repair.

any advice would be great
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

any mechanic should be able to do it, 500 is way overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Changing the clocks is a handy job although plenty of websites/books seem to list it as an expert job, which it isnt. I went in blind to change bulbs on my Safrane and it took about half an hour. Just make sure you keep a hold of all the screws, there can be a few.

You could pick up a set of 2nd hand clocks in a scrapyard or on ebay handy enough. AFAIK when a dealer puts a new set of clocks in they leave the mileage at 0 anyway so one way or another the mileage wont be right.

It's just a couple of block connections on the back, easy as changing a radio, it's just screwed in more.

If you have a full service book and details then just make sure you document everything (personally I'd keep the old clocks aswell and give them with the car when sold)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dixie456

thanks for the replies. i have just noticed that everytime i disconnect the battery the clocks work fine for a couple of days. So do you think that this is def the dash that needs replacing,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

dixie456 wrote: »
    thanks for the replies. i have just noticed that everytime i disconnect the battery the clocks work fine for a couple of days. So do you think that this is def the dash that needs replacing,

This is the place to ask. Those guys will have the answer. If they work for a while after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery then I'd imagine theres a fix for it.
    http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/forums.php

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dixie456

thanks a mil. have posted on the renault forums to see if they can shed any light.

• Advertisement
Advertisement