Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cost to repair scratch?

Options
  • 29-09-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Recently scratched a car driving into a parking space, scraped their front bumper with the wheel arch of my own car.

I took a good look at it and there's no dent but there's paint from my own car where I scratched it. There's no damage at all to my own car (doesn't even look like it's been scratched).

Didn't have time to wait around but left a note with my phone number. They still haven't called!

Anyways I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how much it might cost to repair the scratch. It's about 8 to 10 inches long and 3 inches wide on the corner of the bumper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Impossible to estimate without seeing it or, at the very least, seeing a photo of the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 honeymcsandwich

pics not very clear as I had to take it with my phone...

It appears to be only a 'rub'. It may be relived by some polishing, but if it needs work it shouldn't be more that a couple of hundred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 honeymcsandwich

was hoping it wouldn't be more than that, just hope they ring this side of christmas so i'm not skint when i get the bill. thanks for the opinion ;)

was hoping it wouldn't be more than that, just hope they ring this side of christmas so i'm not skint when i get the bill. thanks for the opinion ;)

Fair play to you - you've done your best. You let them know that you did the damage and there is not much more you can do. Just sit tight and hope for the best........

• Advertisement
Advertisement