Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MF 1100

• 29-09-2008 11:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm looking to buy a Massey Ferguson 1100, the newer looking one. They seem very hard to find. Have they all got turbo's? I know the 1130's, 1150's, and 1155's do. I dont want a turbo, too much trouble. Help would be very much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Hi. I'm looking to buy a Massey Ferguson 1100, the newer looking one. They seem very hard to find. Have they all got turbo's? I know the 1130's, 1150's, and 1155's do. I dont want a turbo, too much trouble. Help would be very much appreciated

As far as I'm aware, the MF 1100 were never sold new in Ireland or the UK. Their major market in the early 10970's was the US followed by France. I don't think any of the MF 1100 had Turbo's at all. They were 2wd and used quite a lot for loader work - back wheel rims were often fited with weights.

Are you sure you have quoted the right model?

Dan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

1100 is not to common over here, neither is the 1105, as they weren't offered here for sale as new, any of them here are imports or were bought on special order. The 1135 was the tractor that came over to here, and they are a good machine. Never heard that the turbo was a problem on the 1135, and any way a similar engine was used in the likes of the 2640 / 2680 as far as I can see, same block anyway. 1135's are the easiest to come by, but are still rare tractors, then again I know a guy who still uses three of them for silage contracting.

I just finished restoring an 1135 myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MvGdIaABrs

DSCF0675.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

the 1100 used a perkins 6354 engine and had about 120ish horsepower at the pto. they we available in turbo form - a T6354. Why do you want this particular tractor? Parts are hard to get, not like filters and stuff, but i wouldn't like to be looking for a manifold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

During the week I came across a 2640 that was bought for breaking

Advertisement