Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltacht - Oilean Chleire

• 29-09-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    My daughter & her pal are in 2nd year & want to go to Oileán Chleire for a summer course next year. There are 2 different colaiste there, Colaiste Chiaran (kids stay in hostel) & Colaiste Phobal Chleire (kids stay in houses).
    Do any of you have experience of either of these courses? Would love to hear what you thought of them. Which one would you recommend?
    Thanks in advance,
    Confused Mother:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Poco Loco

I would highly recommend the Pobail Chleire one, where they stay in houses. It is run by the island's inhabitants and is very enjoyable. I went there years ago as a student and it was the best summer I ever spent. So much so that I stayed on an extra month to work on the island! Whichever college they go to, they will love the island - it is a great place. However, I do think they will have more fun in Pobail Chleire and also be dealing with the island's inhabitants (I think everyone involved in the other colaiste is from the mainland, though I'm not 100% on that...) so it would be good for them to meet true Irish speakers.
    Let us know which you decide!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Thanks for that Poco Loco. anyone else with experience of either colaiste?

Advertisement