Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cry me a RVR Guild emblem poll

Options
  • 29-09-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Heyo,

The guild just got lvl 10. We can now reserve a guild emblem to appear on our cloaks and standards. Marideus, Jag & myself have designed one and we want you to vote for which you like best.

When you vote, please also make a post in this thread with your characters name or your vote wont be counted. Only votes from people in the guild will count.

DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY 31st MIDNIGHT

2ai556q.jpg

2mg356s.jpg

2q8yix3.jpg

Which design do you prefer ? 27 votes

Standard 1
    0%
    Standard 2
    88%
    DeVorec0rk3rTuskySpearStatic M.e.DapperGentDcullynetmankenclearySarnMac daddyKiithR0otJumpym5ex9oqjawdg2iLister1Big KnoxSinisterFremenJesterWX 24 votes
    Standard 3
    11%
    superflyjaggehDixy 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Standard 2
    I'd say Standard 1, followed by Standard 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

standard 3 ftw . more evil than the others!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Standard 2
    People who vote for Standard 3 obviously touch children. Standard 1 shows that we have a bit of class!

Also - 90% of destruction guilds are gonna have black capes. We should try stand out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i'll go with 3, its not as dark as most others will go, getting sick of seeing a white cape. 1 gets my second vote...

pr all the way, first past the post my arse

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Off topic... but Can anyone invite... Eksman and Zaraki m8s of mine ;)

BTW 1 and 3 both look good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Standard 2
    Hemp, Voted for #1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Sinister

Standard 2
    Melkirth

I'm voting for no.1, it stands out more and i agree with tusky, its classy. the other two are a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Standard 2
    Bromden, voted #1

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Going for 3, hate light capes.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Ghururgh

Don't really like any of them, So I won't vote and just go with the majority.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Shylock voted for #3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Standard 2
    Statix "The all powerfull and sexy Marauder" votes No 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gruberman

Standard 2
    Gruber votes for number one. It has a neutral colour and that makes it easier when you want to dye your gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Aodh.

Have to vote the 3. The black will go any colour armour, so it also makes fashion sense.

Also, I've just noticed I've wasted my 5000th post on this, so my opinion should count for at least 5 posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i'm not a member of the guild so i didn't vote, but standard #1 is pretty awesome

Actually, does it have to be one of these options? They seem a little too "Order" like, tbh. I'd picture a Destruction banner being dirtier and sloppy looking (the Order pansies spend their time embroidering something nice, while the Destruction lads would just slap something together in the last minute). And what does the snake represent? Is there pics they have that can be interpreted as being related to boards, crying or even rivers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Standard 2
    Voted for Standard 1

Nehaxak

Standard 2
    humanji wrote: »
    Actually, does it have to be one of these options? They seem a little too "Order" like, tbh. I'd picture a Destruction banner being dirtier and sloppy looking (the Order pansies spend their time embroidering something nice, while the Destruction lads would just slap something together in the last minute). And what does the snake represent? Is there pics they have that can be interpreted as being related to boards, crying or even rivers?

Its unlikely that everyone is going to like the standard no matter which one we end up using. Marideus, Jag and myself spent a good 20 minutes fiddling around with the creator and couldn't agree - hence the thread. We decided on the snake because its quite universal. Most of the other symbols screamed Ork, Chaos or Dark Elves. A lot of them also look quite tacky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

i feel so bad for jaggeh on getting 1 vote ( his own vote)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

well jag's is a kinda Irishy colour scheme which is actually fairly appropriate for a boards guild i guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

Standard 2
    Sarn'll go with no.1 (the big golden S appeals to his ego (and the snake for his apothecary skillz)).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

zomg, isnt there a forum for this? zong!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Varinia Votes number 1.

Standard 2
    POLL CLOSED:

Standard 1 : 19 votes
    Standard 2 : 1 vote
    Standard 3 : 10 votes

I for one welcome our new guild emblem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dnalor

*oops didnt see it was closed

Advertisement