Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Ahead Eagles Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

• 29-09-2008 11:18pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Go Ahead Eagles.This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Are match threads to be conducted seperately. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

GK Kevin Moeliker
    GK Remko Pasveer (on loan from Heracles Almelo)
    DF Said Bakkati
    DF Frank Broers
    DF Dave Bus
    DF Wout Droste (on loan from FC Twente)
    DF Robbert Maruanaya
    DF Marco Parnela
    DF Kevin Siemelink
    DF Luuk te Boekhorst
    DF Jonathan Vosselman
    DF Oguzhan Türk (on loan from SC Heerenveen)
    MF Maikel Kieftenbeld
    MF Ceriel Oosthout
    MF Rogier Wissink
    MF Jordy Zuidam
    FW Achmed Ahahaoui
    FW Halil Colak (on loan from FC Twente)
    FW Marc Overmars :cool::cool::cool:
    FW Sander Post (on loan from FC Flora)
    FW Rens van der Wal
    FW Jeffrey Vlug

Shamefully copy and pasted from wikipedia but get used to some of these names!

I've given a certain player 3 cool smilies cause he is worthy of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

What would you rather see? Go Ahead Eagles win the league (what league are they in? Are they even in a league?) or Ireland beating England 4-2 in the World Cup final at Wembley.

Personally, even though I don't know anything about them except their name, its GAE (lads we voted for a team who's acronym sounds very like the word gay) winning the league for me.

08 Aug VVV Venlo - GA Eagles 5-0 :eek::mad:
    15 Aug GA Eagles - Fortuna Sittard 1-1
    22 Aug RKC Waalwijk - GA Eagles 1-1
    29 Aug GA Eagles - FC Omniworld 1-0 :)
    05 Sep MVV - GA Eagles 1-1
    12 Sep GA Eagles - FC Eindhoven 2-2
    15 Sep Excelsior - GA Eagles 3-0 :mad:
    19 Sep GA Eagles - Helmond Sport 1-0 :)
    26 Sep GA Eagles - Cambuur Leeuwarden 2-0 :)

On a three game winning streak at the moment.

Get in.

05 Okt FC Zwolle - GA Eagles

GAE are currently tenth, and play fifth placed Zwolle on Oct 5th

Wreck wrote: »
    What would you rather see? Go Ahead Eagles win the league (what league are they in? Are they even in a league?) or Ireland beating England 4-2 in the World Cup final at Wembley.

Personally, even though I don't know anything about them except their name, its GAE (lads we voted for a team who's acronym sounds very like the word gay) winning the league for me.
    What a stupid question. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Des wrote: »
    15 Sep Excelsior - GA Eagles 3-0 :)
    19 Sep GA Eagles - Helmond Sport 1-0 :)
    26 Sep GA Eagles - Cambuur Leeuwarden 2-0 :)

On a three game winning streak at the moment.

hat looks suspiciously like a defeat to me.

Stekelly wrote: »
    hat looks suspiciously like a defeat to me.

profuse apologies sire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Des wrote: »
    profuse apologies sire.

In fairness Des, a 3-0 win should have been setting off alarm bells.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

05 Okt FC Zwolle - GA Eagles

Des, we lost that game to Excelsior 3-0...

Zwolle is a tough place to go at the best of times, and judging by our poor away form (excellent draw with RKC Waalwijk excepted), I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Still, with half of the games played in the 2nd round, we're sitting pretty with two wins. Up after Zwolle are an away trip to Veendam and a home tie against Roosendal. I'd expect 6 points from those two if we have any ambitions of moving up the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I missed all this 'adopt a team' stuff, but am very much in favour of it. How did Go Ahead Eagles come to be decided upon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

hows a going, my name is Mr Alan, and i am a Zwolle fan.

you're all a pack of *****.

goodnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tom65 wrote: »
    I missed all this 'adopt a team' stuff, but am very much in favour of it. How did Go Ahead Eagles come to be decided upon?

They were nominated by goodself in this thread...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055384091

And they won the vote in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055385950

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Fly Eagles, Fly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

There has to be a song to the tune of Wonderwall made up and sung about
    van der Wal if we go to a match :pac:

Who is good with lyrics ???

Mr Alan wrote: »
    hows a going, my name is Mr Alan, and i am a Zwolle fan.

you're all a pack of *****.

goodnight.

Dub13, since we're all united in this forum in our love for the GAE, can it be ok to call Zwolle fans (and Zwolle fans only) the "s" word?!! :pac:

Go Eagles!

Have to try and find an online resource for watching matches.

Go on you Super Farmers !

Yeah we really need a source for the matches.

Zo 05 Okt FC Zwolle - GA Eagles

O yes !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

GAE beaten on pennos in the dutch cup 2nd round last week. Worst thing is that HHC Hardenberg who beat GAE got a home draw against Feyenoord in the next round :rolleyes:

http://www.soccerway.com/match/knvb-beker/hardenberg-heemse-combinatie/stichting-go-ahead-eagles/697125/

http://www.dutch-football.com/football/dutch_cup/draw_2008_2009_third_round.shtml

Mr Alan, I thought you voted for GAE, change of heart ?

Ok I rang the Eagles from work and talked to some guy for 20 minutes explaining the situation without mentioning which forum we were from just yet. He is e-mailing me later with all the info regarding the forum, getting game highlights, jerseys (lol), tickets & access to their forum.

God I love the Dutch ascent :D, he didn't know what to make of me at first. It was hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Legendary stuff there KaG fair play dude!

GO EAGLES!

• Advertisement

Ok I rang the Eagles from work and talked to some guy for 20 minutes explaining the situation without mentioning which forum we were from just yet. He is e-mailing me later with all the info regarding the forum, getting game highlights, jerseys (lol), tickets & access to their forum.

God I love the Dutch ascent :D, he didn't know what to make of me at first. It was hilarious!

lol, top work out of you.

:D

I have the number stored too so if anyone else wants it.

Just pm me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Seriously, i love this thread!!

Mr Alan you little Zwolle sh!t, the nerves are just setting in for you. That's why you're coming into the Eagles thread trolling. You know you're going down, Oct 5th. The Eagles are coming!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Glad this team was picked. Best name ever. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Dub13, since we're all united in this forum in our love for the GAE, can it be ok to call Zwolle fans (and Zwolle fans only) the "s" word?!! :pac:

I don't know there are a few people who would like to see this die a death and will be watching and waiting for anybody to slip up.Given the whole unite the forum idea behind this one cause I am kind of hoping this will be the biggest thread on the soccer forum with no reported posts/hassle.,is that to romantic of me..?only time will tell.

We should do a gay and proud siganture pic and all use it,I am no good at art work so we need someone to step up to the mark on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dub13 wrote: »
    I don't know there are a few people who would like to see this die a death and will be watching and waiting for anybody to slip up.Given the whole unite the forum idea behind this one cause I am kind of hoping this will be the biggest thread on the soccer forum with no reported posts/hassle.,is that to romantic of me..?only time will tell.

:confused: Seriously? FFS, name and shame
    We should do a gay and proud siganture pic and all use it,I am no good at art work so we need someone to step up to the mark on this one.

Already stuck a post in the sigs request thread in the Digital Art & Design forum

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Already stuck a post in the sigs request thread in the Digital Art & Design forum

Goodstuff....way ahead of me.

People who don't find this a bit of fun are dry ****es imo. It's hilarious!

I was telling the lads about it over the weekend and they thought it sounded like greeat crack. They wanted to get involved but I told them to join Boards first :D

Still haven't got the e-mail from the guy yet. He did say the afternoon though. I will ring the cunt again tomorrow if I dont hear anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:( I'm so sad reading this

• Advertisement

Anybody want to do up a Boards wiki page on the whole process etc..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Name and shame these heathens who want to see the mighty GAE fail. I bet they are all a bunch of Zwolle cnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

No news on the hookers though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

As a curmudgeonly, contrary eL supporter with a chip on my shoulder, I'm not comfortable backing the same team as a bunch of soft Liverpool and Chelsea bandwagonners.

I suggest that those of us with a taste for real football reject this GAE nonsense and adopt a rival team (preferably one that habitually beats GAE). I have to say I like the sound of Zwolle, not least because they are way above GAE, and I liked the tone of this post.
    'We' ;) also play GAE on October 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So when do we get our jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

Hey guys how about this for our G.A.E and proud sig? I know its a bit big but it could easily be scaled down.

GAE1-1.jpg

• Advertisement

SectionF wrote: »
    As a curmudgeonly, contrary eL supporter with a chip on my shoulder, I'm not comfortable backing the same team as a bunch of soft Liverpool and Chelsea bandwagonners.

I suggest that those of us with a taste for real football reject this GAE nonsense and adopt a rival team (preferably one that habitually beats GAE). I have to say I like the sound of Zwolle, not least because they are way above GAE, and I liked the tone of this post.
    'We' ;) also play GAE on October 5.

So u give out about Liverpool fans supporting this team then quote possibly the most frequent poster of the Liverpool thread to back up your argument? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Posted this in the Sig Request thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Was in Zwolle. Nice place. Actually I can't remember anything about it. Have never been to Deventer but I reckon we all head over, 5 star hotel, replica jersies, waste a months wages. Oh wait, ye all do that already ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

send on all details about getting jerseys plox

That cunt didn't e-mail me. I will be ringing him again tomorrow and again on Thursday if he doesn't get off his arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

So u give out about Liverpool fans supporting this team then quote possibly the most frequent poster of the Liverpool thread to back up your argument? :rolleyes:
    Yes, but he's learning. By a slightly circuitous route, but he's starting to think like a bandwagon resister. :p
    We are Zw... who are we again? :D

Yeah he makes as much sense as a principle hiring Gary Glitter as their nurse.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

heres a link for the sig if anyone wants to use it Gae.jpg

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq320/eoghan101/Gae.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Was the happiest day of my life when I went to my mam today "Mam... I am a GAE" was such a relief off my shoulders.

eddiehead wrote: »
    Posted this in the Sig Request thread
    Good Job eddie I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Tis super alright. The pic of Overmars looks like he's just been rooted up the back door as well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Is the soccer forum full of gay people or is the whole GAE thing just going to far?

Come on Xavi time to stick in something GAE related in to the sig .

At least when the International rules is over at the end of Oct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

I think ive caught the GAE

CHD wrote: »
    Is the soccer forum full of gay people or is the whole GAE thing just going to far?
    We all have a bit of GAE in us hahahahahaha!

Go EAGLES!

I started with them last night in Football Manager, crikey its damn hard managing in the dutch first division.

• Advertisement
Advertisement