Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Ahead Eagles Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bill wrote: »
    Come on Xavi time to stick in something GAE related in to the sig .

At least when the International rules is over at the end of Oct.

Done and done. Full sig to follow when the Rules is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Done and done. Full sig to follow when the Rules is over
    Legend Xavi fair play.

Haha wait till a certain somebody who was against the team comes in to the soccer forum and sees all the " GAE and Proud" sigs.

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Ill do a few more this evening before the Chelsea match too.

@Bill, whats that "Super Boer - Hup Eagles Hup" under your name? Should I try fit that into one of em?

Loving the sig :D

eddiehead wrote: »
    Ill do a few more this evening before the Chelsea match too.

@Bill, whats that "Super Boer - Hup Eagles Hup" under your name? Should I try fit that into one of em?
    Super Boer = Super Farmer, their nickname.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So what's the craic with the goals and highlights etc. How do we get to see them? Who shows them?

Right,
    Just off the phone to them there again and they are going to send me an e-mail & I am going to have to reply to ask for the information we need.

Any suggestions are welcome, I'll send the e-mail at around 3 so put up what you need to know before then. Also, at this stage will I mention we are from boards and link the thread or something? What do people think? I can cc anyone in it by request - just pm me the e-mail you want it cc'd to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Right,
    Just off the phone to them there again and they are going to send me an e-mail & I am going to have to reply to ask for the information we need.

Any suggestions are welcome, I'll send the e-mail at around 3 so put up what you need to know before then. Also, at this stage will I mention we are from boards and link the thread or something? What do people think? I can cc anyone in it by request - just pm me the e-mail you want it cc'd to.

Probably wouldn't link to this thread just yet if I were you, after all you called the guy a cnut at least twice that I can see.:pac:

rofl true that :o

• Advertisement

Ask them do they cater for groups going to games, i.e. would we get the VIP treatment. Tour of the ground, meet the players etc.

Tell them to send us their past 10 Review of the Season DVDs so we can pretend we're lifelong fans when we go over! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

suggestions for a dutch footie web forum to use.

maybe send him the thread link but edit it first so that he/she can see that you are not just messing with them and point out that the gae (y) is a joke (i think :D) so they don't expect a bunch of lads who play for the same team if you get me.

Will do

Still no e-mail and it was a girl I talked to this time. I spelt out the e-mail address 3 times :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This will wind up in a local Dutch newspaper. Seriously. Can you imagine what would happen if we cam across an avid bunch of Germans/French/Italians avidly supporting Finn Harps for no blind reason whatsoever?! It's make RTE!

Merch here:
    http://www.ga-eagles.nl/shop/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=4383209f1764a0a9e2deaec5bbd334fb

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I can't wait till this arrives - I'll be wearing it in Krystle that very night.

hotelpak.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hummel....LOL...I did not think they were still around.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Hummel....LOL...I did not think they were still around.

The Eagles dig up all kinds of stuff man.....

Loving that tracky top !

Hummel make quality gear. Always love the Danish shirts they did.

Maybe we should contact the local newspaper and fill them in on our plans. Guarantee they'd run a story.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Loving that tracky top !

Yea its nice...its kind of Retro but its modern,wrong but right if you know what I mean.It has a feel to it that only hip people like us would wear it...:)

Hummel make quality gear. Always love the Danish shirts they did.

Maybe we should contact the local newspaper and fill them in on our plans. Guarantee they'd run a story.

I am sure you'd be the best candidate for that ! :p

I am getting annoyed that they haven't mailed me :mad: !

This is my project until I finish up in here Friday week so I am going to keep at it haha :D .

• Advertisement

Im lovin that jersey but the zippy is also sweet! Hummell are class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

This is my project until I finish up in here Friday week so I am going to keep at it haha :D .
    Fair play KaG, you really are fighting our corner well! :)

The trackie top is quality, really like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

It's becoming obvious that you guys are doing this to gain some sort of celebrity and attention for yourselves rather than actually supporting the club, that kinda takes the shine off what was a good idea originally

I think you should be getting some kind of Boards award!

Only four days until the Zwolle match. Starting to get the butterflies!!

Draupnir wrote: »
    It's becoming obvious that you guys are doing this to gain some sort of celebrity and attention for yourselves rather than actually supporting the club, that kinda takes the shine off what was a good idea originally

Nope, that's only been mentioned with the last hour or so. Not the reason, it's called fun!

It has been my life long ambition to have an article written about me in a dutch regional newspaper, and if I have to hijack this good idea to achieve that then so be it.

I disagree with that totally but I like alot of the others think it would be fun if the club & town knew that there was going to be an army of Irish going over to one or two of their games in the new year.

Marc needs our support and we are going to give him it! :D
    Wreck wrote: »
    It has been my life long ambition to have an article writted about me in a dutch regional newspaper, and if I have to hijack this good idea to achieve that then so be it.

exactly tbh.....not going to get much popularity being mentioned in the Deventer times.

eeeh, I don't think so. celebrity out of this :D:D I know the rags are desperate but I think this would stretch it somewhat. I think people are just curious as to what will be made of a bunch of irish lads following their club. I wouldn't read any more into it that that.

/..runs off to get ready for film premiere in downtown deventer

I'm just letting you know how it appears to be developing, because you can't see it doesn't make me wrong.

Tbh Keith I don't think anyone really expects it to go down that road. I just was just a comment with how we here in Ireland would treat it. It happened a few years back when there was talk of that all Bosnian team joining the League of Ireland. Never happened but it was news for a while. Novelties usually are.

The main reason I like this is beacuse people can talk about one team without it (hopefully) turning into a bitching session. A bit of light relief if you will. I honestly don't see the harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm just letting you know how it appears to be developing, because you can't see it doesn't make me wrong.

You are wrong.

And It most certainly does make you wrong to say they are doing it for any sort of "celebrity" (i haven't quite figured out if you're taking the piss with this accusation).

Do you think supporting dutch second division clubs is the new x-Factor or Big Brother or something? strange strange strange accusation to make.

Its all a bit of fun tbh, i wasn't really into the idea, but i'll keep an eye on it and see how it develops.

Tbh Keith I don't think anyone really expects it to go down that road. I just was just a comment with how we here in Ireland would treat it. It happened a few years back when there was talk of that all Bosnian team joining the League of Ireland. Never happened but it was news for a while. Novelties usually are.

The main reason I like this is beacuse people can talk about one team without it (hopefully) turning into a bitching session. A bit of light relief if you will. I honestly don't see the harm.

You're right Neil there is absolutely no harm in this idea, it's a very good idea and I'll be keeping an eye with interest. I just wanted to point out that the enthusiasm should be aimed at going to a game first and foremost and the idea of contacting local press about your plans is a bit cart before horse.

Also, that zip top is damn sweet!

If it develops that way everyone will just drop the thing. I don't see it going that direction though. We are probably a bit starved of decent info at the moment though and games. what we need is for the game this weekend to come and more sources of info, match feeds etc.

E-mail sent ! I sent this to the Deventer tourism board and the G.A.E inbox lol. Chopper was the only one who wanted to be cc'd :p

Sent:01 October 2008 14:54:00
    To: gemeente@deventer.nl

Cc: mzandbelt@xs4all.nl

Bcc: *edit Chopper's

Hello,

I am e-mailing you in regards to your football team the Go Ahead Eagles. A soccer community forum that we have here in Ireland has become very interested in the club and we just wanted to get some extra information about the town & team. I have called the club's commercial number several times asking for information but nobody has come back with an e-mail. We'd be interested in getting some information on the following as we do plan to visit Deventer on a regular basis which will benefit the club & town in regards to tourism revenue. If someone could possibly e-mail me about the following I'd be most grateful;

1 - Ticket information for the games.
    2 - Would the club/town cater for large groups visiting to watch the games and would it be possible to meet the team/have a tour of the ground etc?
    3 - Are any of the games televised and where can we find highlights for previous games?
    4 - Hotel information within Deventer for when we are travelling over along with information on the nightlife etc.

I would be much obliged if you could supply the above information as we are a legitimate group of fans seeking extra information.

You can contact me any time by phone +353**** or +353**** or on this e-mail address.

I await your response,

Kind regards,

Craig Kinnear QFA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

If they can't be bothered replying to an email offering support for the club what does that say for them providing tickets/merchandise?

What team was 2nd in the nomination poll?

E-mail sent ! I sent this to the Deventer tourism board and the G.A.E inbox lol. Chopper was the only one who wanted to be cc'd :p

Sent:01 October 2008 14:54:00
    To: gemeente@deventer.nl

Cc: mzandbelt@xs4all.nl

Bcc: *edit Chopper's

Hello,

I am e-mailing you in regards to your football team the Go Ahead Eagles. A soccer community forum that we have here in Ireland has become very interested in the club and we just wanted to get some extra information about the town & team. I have called the club's commercial number several times asking for information but nobody has come back with an e-mail. We'd be interested in getting some information on the following as we do plan to visit Deventer on a regular basis which will benefit the club & town in regards to tourism revenue. If someone could possibly e-mail me about the following I'd be most grateful;

1 - Ticket information for the games.
    2 - Would the club/town cater for large groups visiting to watch the games and would it be possible to meet the team/have a tour of the ground etc?
    3 - Are any of the games televised and where can we find highlights for previous games?
    4 - Hotel information within Deventer for when we are travelling over along with information on the nightlife etc.

I would be much obliged if you could supply the above information as we are a legitimate group of fans seeking extra information.

You can contact me any time by phone +353**** or +353**** or on this e-mail address.

I await your response,

Kind regards,

Craig Kinnear QFA

Good work, Craig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    This will wind up in a local Dutch newspaper. Seriously. Can you imagine what would happen if we cam across an avid bunch of Germans/French/Italians avidly supporting Finn Harps for no blind reason whatsoever?! It's make RTE!
    You might find this of interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

actually supporting the club
    Cough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ha ha ha i just LOL'd at the notion of Rick Parry recieving an email like that

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote: »

They don't like us much do they "Die Boys in Green - Die"

You're right Neil there is absolutely no harm in this idea, it's a very good idea and I'll be keeping an eye with interest. I just wanted to point out that the enthusiasm should be aimed at going to a game first and foremost and the idea of contacting local press about your plans is a bit cart before horse.

Oh definitely. But if a trip is organised and booked then there would be no harm in it.
    Also, that zip top is damn sweet!

It is isn't it?! I want one!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    ha ha ha i just LOL'd at the notion of Rick Parry recieving an email like that

:D

I was lol'ing writing it. Pity it wasn't Mike Ashley, we probably would of got season tickets :p

:D

I was lol'ing writing it. Pity it wasn't Mike Ashley, we probably would of got season tickets :p

Season tickets??? He would have asked if we'd be a consortium to buy the club!!!

SectionF wrote: »
    Cough.

You might want to get something for that nasty cough you are getting, must be getting a cold from being up so high on that horse.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Season tickets??? He would have asked if we'd be a consortium to buy the club!!!

Now there is a good idea, I wouldn't say GAE would cost too much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

monkey9 wrote: »

Now there's an idea! How much is a second division club in Holland going for these days.

Now there is a good idea, I wouldn't say GAE would cost too much!

How bloody dare you! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

It's becoming obvious that you are opposing what is a very good idea to gain some sort of celebrity and attention for yourself here on boards rather than actually supporting the idea, that kinda takes the shine off the above post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

If there's a thread for Go Ahead Eagles can we start a thread on any of the following Indian football teams?

*Border Security Force SC (I often managed them back in the day of Sensible World of Soccer)
    *Churchill Brothers Sports Club
    *Mohammedan Sporting Club
    *New Delhi Heroes
    *Pune FC (my personal Favourite)

CiaranC wrote: »
    Just to make sure this is a German site right! Not Dutch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement