Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Ahead Eagles Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I got an answer from on of the GAE forum admins. He said his mate clicked on 'Validate' instead of 'Validate and send email' so my account, and probably everyone else's has been open for a bit already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I got an answer from on of the GAE forum admins. He said his mate clicked on 'Validate' instead of 'Validate and send email' so my account, and probably everyone else's has been open for a bit already.

Good stuff, do you have the link for the forum ? Don't have it saved anywhere and couldn't find it in this thread or previous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Meh, the standard of the Dutch 2nd division is terrible, my sensitive eyes couldnt handle it, fair play to all you level 10 supporters that do.

bohsman wrote: »
    Meh, the standard of the Dutch 2nd division is terrible, my sensitive eyes couldnt handle it, fair play to all you level 10 supporters that do.

Do you think we should drop the club we have supported through thick and thin for the past 8 days now just because they don't play the level 42 football you expect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

unless of course they decided to share a stadium with Zwolle. Then it would be all over for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    This will wind up in a local Dutch newspaper. Seriously. Can you imagine what would happen if we cam across an avid bunch of Germans/French/Italians avidly supporting Finn Harps for no blind reason whatsoever?! It's make RTE!

Merch here:
    http://www.ga-eagles.nl/shop/index.php?cPath=1&osCsid=4383209f1764a0a9e2deaec5bbd334fb

Over on foot.ie there is a german lad who is a league of ireland fan. they even have a weekly LOI fanzine.

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=102310

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

quarryman wrote: »
    unless of course they decided to share a stadium with Zwolle. Then it would be all over for me.

If this ever happens I will be giving back my GAE membership card,I hate them Zwolle tools...I don't care if it makes financial sense football is about the fans not the money men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

A few more sigs here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Loving my new sig cheers Eddie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

CiaranC wrote: »
    You might find this of interest.

It seems to be one guy called "Rob" (who is probably an expat) along with the occasional postfrom someoene else...!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Fairly sure hes not an expat, he posts on foot.ie and his English isnt very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Ha ha... not again! :p

Good to see the thread up and running.... G'wan the GAE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

In your dreams. You're not fit to tie our bootlaces.

Wir wollen keine GAE schweine!

Dub13 wrote: »
    If this ever happens I will be giving back my GAE membership card,I hate them Zwolle tools...I don't care if it makes financial sense football is about the fans not the money men.

I think this would be the final straw for me, for all the support I've given the GAE (website hits and a possible jersey purchase! :pac:) merging with those Zwolle bastards would really test my support.

Can we set up a "Lets all laugh at Zwolle" thread and jeer them every time they lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

http://www.soccernews.nl/news/52861
    Yildirim houdt conditie op peil bij Zwolle

Ugur Yildirim hoopt binnenkort een nieuwe club te hebben gevonden. De buitenspeler zag onlangs zijn contract bij de Turkse koploper Sivasspor ontbonden worden, en heeft momenteel een tijdelijk onderkomen bij FC Zwolle, waar hij zijn conditie op peil houdt.

"Het zou morgen alweer anders kunnen zijn, maar dat lijkt me vrij snel", vertelt Yildirim over zijn toekomst in De Stentor. "Zwolle-trainer Jan Everse kan spelers fitter en beter maken. Dat heb ik graag, een trainer die kritisch durft te zijn."

Nadat Yildirim zijn contract bij Sivasspor had ontbonden leek hij op weg naar het Engelse Blackburn Rovers. Vooralsnog is die interesse niet concreet. Yildirim, die in Nederland bekend is door zijn vroegere periode bij SC Heerenveen, verraste enigzins met FC Zwolle. In het verleden speelde hij namelijk voor aartsrivaal Go Ahead Eagles.

"Go Ahead is nog altijd mijn clubje. Maar ik heb in Deventer geen nauwe contacten meer, de trainer ken ik ook niet. Maar mijn zaakwaarnemers hebben goede contacten met Jan Everse. Hij kan spelers fitter en beter maken."

So the story is that apparently this little bollox used to play for us and now he wants to join Zwolle! How bllody well dare he!!!

Played for us between 200 and 2004, scoring 44 goals in 119. He's without a club now after being released by Turkish side Sivasspor and is being courted by our arch nemesis at the moment.

He failed in a trial with Blackburn two weeks ago apparently.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Good stuff, do you have the link for the forum ? Don't have it saved anywhere and couldn't find it in this thread or previous.

First result on google for 'go ahead eagles forum':

Second result for google for 'go ahead eagles forum. :D

I must make an introductory post there later saying we might be coming en masse.

First result on google for 'go ahead eagles forum':

Second result for google for 'go ahead eagles forum. :D

I must make an introductory post there later saying we might be coming en masse.

Good stuff. very handy babelfish site which will translate whole blocks of text from dutch to english reasonably well. http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

For instance this :

Vorig seizoen startte e-zine Weekly, en zoals jullie hebben kunnen lezen pogen de heren redactieleden er met continiuiteit geleidelijk aan iets moois van te (blijven) maken.

Iets moois maken doe je samen.

Wij denken dat de gemene deler van alle mensen die GA Eagles liefhebben ondanks de soms felle discussies op dit forum tussen groeperingen supporters wel eens zou kunnen zijn dat mensen zich aangetrokken voelen tot de clubcultuur.

Niet elke betaald voetbalclub heeft ook echt een cult of cultuur om zich heen hangen. Dat is iets wat GA Eagles (en andere clubs die dat hebben) "bijzonder" maakt.

Het e-zine Weekly is slechts een voorbeeldje of klein bijdragend factortje tot deze specifieke GA Eagles clubcultuur, als ik begin aan een rij voorbeelden van allerlei pluimage mensen en bezigheden die samen onze clubcultuur vormen, dan vergeet je altijd iemand, dus voor nu doe ik even geen poging, wie weet kunnen we daar nog eens een forumtopic over starten.

Ieder medium heeft zo zijn eigen format, kijk alleen al naar de verschillende GA Eagles gerelateerde websites die er in omloop zijn.

De Weekly redactie denkt dat inmiddels voor de gevestigde Weekly volgers/lezers globaal wel een duidelijk beeld zal heersen over de invalshoek die Weekly er op na houdt.

Dat is wel een invalshoek waar altijd zeer nuttige (statistieken, weetjes, feiten), zinvolle en/of creatieve (foto's, gedichten, herinneringen etc etc) bijdragen vanuit reacties van lezers kunnen leiden tot een hoger totaal kwaliteits niveau van het e-zine, en daar profiteren we met zijn allen weer van.

Nu werd de reactie optie tot nu toe weinig gebruikt voor dit doel, maar helaas wel met enige regelmaat door spamrobots die verwezen naar bekende sappige websites.

De redactie van Weekly heeft daarop besloten vanaf nu geen reactie optie meer in het e-zine zelf te geven, maar wel hier in het forum een hoekje te laten inrichten om te reageren op de redactionele schrijfsels en (vooral ook bijzonder graag!) bij te dragen met kopij voor een volgende Weekly.

Voel je vooral niet geremd hier eens een gedachte los te laten.

Becomes :

E-zine Weekly, started previous season and such as you to attempt the lords editorial staff members of it with continiuiteit have been possible read gradually something beautiful at (to remain) make. Something beautiful to make puts together you. We think that the malicious divider of all people that WILL love Eagles in spite of the sometimes violent discussions on this forum between groupings supporters sometimes could be that people feel themselves commissioned to club culture. Not each paid football club has also really cult or culture gone hangs himself. That is something what GOES Eagles (and other clubs which have that) " bijzonder" makes. E-zine Weekly are only voorbeeldje or small contributing factortje to these specific GO Eagles club culture, if I start people and occupations which form together our club culture to a file examples of all kinds of pluimage, then you forget always someone, therefore for now I do just as no attempt, weet can which start we about that once more a forum topic. Every medium has this way to be own format, look only already to different GOES Eagles related Internet sites which are in turn there. The Weekly editorial staff think that meanwhile for the established Weekly volgers/readers globally, however, a clear picture will dominate concerning the angle which keeps Weekly there on after. That is, however, an angle where always very useful (statistics, weetjes, facts), significant and/or creative (foto' s, poems, memories etc etc) contributions from responses of readers can lead to higher totally a quality level of e-zine, and profit there we all together of. Now the response option was so far a little used for this aim, but unfortunately with only rule half-measure spamrobots which referred to well-known juicy Internet sites. The redactie of Weekly has decided then as from now no response option give more in e-zine themselves, but here in the forum a nook let arrange to react to the editorial schrijfsels and (especially also particular gladly!) to contribution with kopij for following Weekly. Do not feel you especially slowed down here once leave an idea loose.

I see some comic translations on the way :)

/...goes off to search for "well-known juicy Internet sites"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Registered and awaiting approval. Not sure what kind of approval a 2nd Division Dutch league supporter requires to post on a message board though....

They might ask me if i support Zwolle. I'll be ready for them.

• Advertisement

Still no reply to either my calls or e-mails! :mad: :(

Going to make one last call this morning !

OK, I made a longish post introducing ourselves, here and they've since linked back to our adopt-a-club thread and this one. Hi Guys!

Can we maybe get an amnesty on the soccer sponsorship rule for GAE fans to come on here and share the Eagles news? Otherwise, we adopt one member each! :D

You need to log in to view the thread....

Remind me to edit my comments in this thread if you link it over. I doubt the Dutch people I spoke to would appreciate being called cunts for not getting back to me.

Remind me to edit my comments in this thread if you link it over. I doubt the Dutch people I spoke to would appreciate being called cunts for not getting back to me.
    Just make sure you dont call them Kloot Zaks!

Bill wrote: »
    Just make sure you dont call them Kloot Zaks!
    Or dont use Kut!

• Advertisement

OK, I made a longish post introducing ourselves, here and they've since linked back to our adopt-a-club thread and this one. Hi Guys!

Can we maybe get an amnesty on the soccer sponsorship rule for GAE fans to come on here and share the Eagles news? Otherwise, we adopt one member each! :D

I read the babel translated version of your post. good explanation I think. You seem to have generated some interest anyway, a few responses already. :)

Oh you're screwed already, net-savvy GAE fans have already been scouring this forum for over an hour. Best link to the AH thread explaining how that word is really a term of endearment here!

Also, I think it's only fair that we sacrifice an Irish team in exchange. Maybe Carlow gaelic football team?

I read the babel translated version of your post. good explanation I think. You seem to have generated some interest anyway, a few responses already. :)

Nice :D

I have failed but Rooney has succeeded! :D (He can speak Dutch though :p)

Rooney you are our intermediary between boards and the great Eagles! :)
    Also, I think it's only fair that we sacrifice an Irish team in exchange. Maybe Carlow gaelic football team?

here here!

Mmm, Ahh sure they'll see that it was just a bit of banter & that I was just upset that our Eagle over lords did not return information :(

Oh hai Dutch guyz! I can haz free home shirt?

• Advertisement

I introduced myself in your thread Rooney haha :p

I am waiting on my registration to approved.

I introduced myself in your thread Rooney haha :p
    Any chance you can post some the posts here from the thread?

Sure, give me a sec

@ michiel, nu maar weer een engels gedeelte opzetten? Mis onze engelse vriend inmiddels ook al een tijdje?!

Welcome to you guys, nice to hear that Eagles supporters are everywhere. You are more than welcome to visit the most beautiful stadium in Holland!

Come on Eagles!

Theres two

Success ! A reply !

Information Go Ahead Eagles

Founded: 1902

History: 4 x Dutch Champion: 1917, 1922, 1930, 1933

Stadium: De Adelaarshorst (Eaglesnest) since 1920. It’s an old stadium English style in the middle of a living area. In 1965 we’ve played in de Adelaarshorst in the Cup Winners Cup our only European Match against Jock Stein’s Celtic (0-6) fot 25.000 fans. Now the stadium can have 6.700 fans.

Go Ahead Eagles I still a big name in Dutch Football. We’ve gave a lot of young players a chance. Marc Overmars, when he was 16, Demy de Zeeuw (now Dutch squad), but also Paul Bosvelt (former Man. City player), Cees van Kooten, our national team coach Bert van Marwijk, Henk ten Cate (former trainer Chelsea) an d a lot more.

This year we’ll hope to reach the play-offs. We have a strong team, but also a lot of players are injured now. When they’re all fit, it will be all right.

In this mail a recent team picture and a Marc Overmars picture.

Every week you can see highlights from our matches for free at the website www.jupilerleague.nl

With kindly regards,

Richard Thannhauser

Media & communication Go Ahead Eagles

Rooney you couldn't see where you go on that Jupiter website to see the highlights could you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Click here for highlights - First goal is a nice, although the guy they cut to in the crowd doesn't seem too impressed.

ROFL @ the second goal !

Our number 9 looks an absolute beast......hes HUGE!

Come on you Eagles! Thanks for the link mate.

Stanley Menzo (Cambuur trainer) brings back memories of sensible Soccer. He was a legend ofa keeper in that.

BTW, cana mod grant 7411 from the GAE forum access to here or are there still all those hoops to jump through?

• Advertisement

BTW, cana mod grant 7411 from the GAE forum access to here or are there still all those hoops to jump through?

I think there should be a fast track approach for access for 1 person. It will help the information flow. If they break the charter they can be removed just like anyone else.

Hmmmm not sure if someone can be fast tracked through. Maybe PM a mod about it.

Pitch looks quality in that vid.

got this reply on the Eagles thread.
    Good afternoon, nice to notice that you and some other guys from Ireland, support our beautiful club. Of course you are more than welcome to visit a game later on this season. This season we welcomed a lot of new players, so in the beginning we had some problems. Now the players are used to each other and we are playing better football now. Mark my words, Go Ahead Eagles will end in the top of the table! We have some very good players such as Marco Parnela (who has a injury for a long time already), Jordy Zuidam (good fighting spirit), Marc Overmars (I suppose you know that name ;-)), Dave Bus (who played in Scotland last year). Go Ahead Eagles is well-known for its fanatic supporters and beautiful athmosphere in the stadium. Good luck there and hopefully we'll notice some Irish Go Ahead Eagles fans later on this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Longer amateur highlights from the last match.

First goal is at about 5.13, second is just after it. I quite like the tops the two guys are wearing at the start of the video, and love the banner near the start which reads 'No one should go where Eagles dare'. the guy who uploaded that vid also seems to have highlights of earlier games up too.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hmmmm not sure if someone can be fast tracked through. Maybe PM a mod about it.

Pitch looks quality in that vid.

I'd say Dub will sort them out but we'll have to see.

Great to see progress being made in regards to contacting them. Nice assessment you got from that guy Jay too. They seem confident! That target man is a monster !

I let them know why they cant post here at the moment anyway.

Stop the presses. Down with culchie farmers from De graafschap. Cancel the super farmer merchandise lads :pac::pac:
    Bin any offending sigs :)

From Eagles website
    Superboeren is a nicname of the football club De graafschap.
    Just call us The Eagles.

Stop the presses. Down with culchie farmers from De graafschap. Cancel the super farmer merchandise lads :pac::pac:
    Bin any offending sigs :)

From Eagles website
    Yup We need changes ASAP!

Ok considering I have gone totally nuts about this whole idea I have requested a sub forum for the Eagles

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57446262#post57446262

Show your support!

I really have too much time in this job at the moment lol......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Where is the best place to buy jerseys? Haha that 1st goal was very nice, but yer right, the lad in the crown didn't seem to pleased:) That pitch does look great though.

Go Go Ahead Eagles!

Advertisement