Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go Ahead Eagles Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

I can't get over the size of that fecking number 9. He's huge !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I can't get over the size of that fecking number 9. He's huge !

Whats his name?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Rooney you couldn't see where you go on that Jupiter website to see the highlights could you?

Sorry KaG, missed your question earlier.
    Go past the intro to http://www.rtl.nl/sport/rtlvoetbal/jupiler_league/home/index.xml
    then click on Video's and the matches are listed on the right. Lovely big clips, high quality and a chance to look at our next opponents, the evil Zwolle.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Whats his name?

Sander Post from Estonia. On loan, 1.99 metres tall and with one cap under his belt, he looks like a keeper!

Ehm, I mean a striker we should keep, not an actual goalkeeper.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Whats his name?

Post or pouw on the back of his jersey(lol ?) , he's a giant !
    Sorry KaG, missed your question earlier.
    Go past the intro to http://www.rtl.nl/sport/rtlvoetbal/jupiler_league/home/index.xml
    then click on Video's and the matches are listed on the right. Lovely big clips, high quality and a chance to look at our next opponents, the evil Zwolle.

Thanks, I think I might ask Dub to edit that into his inital post or something.

• Advertisement

Sander Post from Estonia. On loan, 1.99 metres tall and with one cap under his belt, he looks like a keeper!

LMFAO on wiki hes a striker or a centre back it says. Nice header for the first goal and he put pressure on the keeper for the 2nd. Chap is huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

:eek: And he's only 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

LMFAO on wiki hes a striker or a centre back it says. Nice header for the first goal and he put pressure on the keeper for the 2nd. Chap is huge!

Their very own Gary Doherty! :pac:

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Their very own Gary Doherty! :pac:

Indeed except he looked like hes in the KGB :)

Support the sub forum lads http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055390395 !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

According to the lads on the Eagles website their main rivals are the hated Zwolle and McClarens Twente. So either you are an Eagles fan or a fan of the "wally with the brolly".
    Onze rivalen zijn Zwolle en FC Twente.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Bill wrote: »
    Yup We need changes ASAP!

Problem with the sig?

Here's a modified version ;)

334j68j.png

One of the Eagles lads from Holland posted in my sub forum thread :D

our other striker, Mathias Ranégie, who we rent from IFK Göteborg, has the same size. Can you imagine how the defenders of other teams are going to react if they see 2 of those giants?

We have two giants from what they said on their forums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

eddiehead wrote: »
    Problem with the sig?

Here's a modified version ;)

334j68j.png
    Legend again Eddie !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

1164892977.13832.jpg

Ten Cate in his glory Days!

Well this is easy, I don't like Twente cos of McLaren anyway!

I wanna join their forum but its quite literally double Dutch to me...any tips?!

Learn Dutch? :pac:

Learn Dutch? :pac:

I'm p1ssin into the wind enough without you adding to it!

Nice to see a few Eagles on the forums forum! This has really taken off, makes me :)

Well this is easy, I don't like Twente cos of McLaren anyway!

I wanna join their forum but its quite literally double Dutch to me...any tips?!

Use babelfish to translate posts and stick to the thread pickarooney started below at least for a start anyway.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

http://www.gaeagles.com/digihome/index.php?topic=6576.0

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

BTW, cana mod grant 7411 from the GAE forum access to here or are there still all those hoops to jump through?
    I'd say Dub will sort them out but we'll have to see.

Yes I will,I just want to double check with the other soccer mods.I have been in contact with the new member Go Ahead Eagles and explained.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    Yes I will,I just want to double check with the other soccer mods.I have been in contact with the new member Go Ahead Eagles and explained.

Good stuff. This thing has picked up a bit of pace today :)

I think I found my christmas present!

Meh, direct link doesn't work. Type Go Ahead Eagles in the search bar and scroll down to the bottom of the results. Sweet Ride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hello Dutch People :)

GAE history lesson posted on Eagles forum
    From our former supporters website (years ago already, about the year 2000 I suppose) and actualised a bit:

The history of Go Ahead Eagles

The footballclub Go Ahead Eagles was founded in Deventer in1902 as "Be Quick". Soon they had to change name (orders from the Dutch Football Association), and Go Ahead was chosen as new clubname. As an amateurfootballclub Go Ahead reached the national top. Apart from a lot of regional (Eastern) championships Go Ahead became national champion four times, in the years 1917, 1922, 1930 en 1933.(See also the palmares). In the season 1920-1921 Go Ahead started playing football on the ground where it still plays nowadays, later on it would be called the "Eagles-nest".

At first the stadium was reached through an entrance at the "Veenweg", but in the "30s de main entrance was moved to the "Vetkampstraat". In 1924 the first tribune-with-a-roof was built, followed by the headtrbune in 1934 (which was a great art of stadiumbuilding in those days). After the introduction of professional football the stadium finally had only tribunes-with-roof and no open tribunes anymore. For over a decade it was believed that there had to be built an entire new stadium, to be ready as soon as possible. At that time it should have looked like the new SC Heerenveen. stadium. After numerous locations proposed in and around the city of Deventer, which were all cancelled by protests of futrue neighbours, protests of "trree-huggers", and failing local government action, GA Eagles was left as almost the sole professional football club in the Netherlands without a brandnew stadium. In the end the club (almost bankrupt and way from the dutch Premier League) self decided to renovate the old authentic stadium for the time being, and perhaps give plans for a new home ground a new chance in the future. The advantage is that GA Eagles as one of the few historical clubs still plays in "the home of football", a nice old stadium that has "seen it all", still located in the middle of the residential zone between old houses.
    Current capacity is 6.400.

A 360 degrees camera look that comes close to the current view of our home ground can be found here:

http://www.ga-eagles.nl/images/pano_stadion.swf

Go Ahead started playing professional football in the lowest of the lowest : the Second Division (which doesn't exist anymore nowadays, we only have two professional leagues and yes we're very jealous at all those leaugues in e.g. England smiley.gif ). In 1956-1957 Go Ahead finished as 13th in the 2nd Division A and left just two other clubs behind: Zwartemeer and Enschedese Boys. After this difficult first professional season it would only go better and better, resulting in the third season in promotion to the First Division. Goalscorers in those days: Mos, Butter Groninger and Van Brussel (see also scoreres per seizoen tables).

Succes also followed in the First Division and after four seasons and 235 goals promotion to the Premier League was realized.(1963).

The succes-story continued initially at Premier League level. But what one didn't know by then was that one had reached the top prestation (up till and including 1996) after 5 seasons with a 3rd place in the final standings of the 1967-1968 season..

In 1965 Go Ahead was allowed to play European Cup football, for the first and so far last time, after losing the Cupfinal to champions Feyenoord Rotterdam.They played Celtic Glasgow on the 29th of September 1965. At home they lost 0-6 and in Glasgow the green-whites won by 1-0. Since the 1st of July 1971 Go Ahead got the extension "Eagles" (an idea of Barry Hughes).Go Ahead Eagles (now separated from the amateurs) chose to play in purple-white ( like Anderlecht). In the '80s the footballers in Deventer returned to their well-known yellow-red outfit. In 1973 an "away"-WC qualification match against Iceland was played in Deventer, in the stadium of the Eagles, final result: 1-8 for Holland, goals:Cruyff, Brokamp (both two),Schneider, Van Hanegem and Rene van de Kerkhof. The glory days of Go Ahead Eagles were already over by then. After 1973 the Eagles never reached the top ten in the Netherlands (except for 1979). As a result of the ever growing amount of money pumped in nowadays professional football Go Ahead has slipped down the rankings and after a couple of "near"-relegations they finally did relegate to the first Division after 24 years Premier League football.

This time the Eagles weren't so succesfull in the First Division. And still they succeeded in promoting back to the Premier League in 1992 with an 11th place in the final First Division ranking, after a lost "promotion-competition"-final and in the end a win over FC The Hague (16th in the final Premier League ranking that season). In Deventer the Eagles beat The Hague by 3-0 and in the Residence they won again by 0-1.

Again the way up was bend over in the way down again, leading to the second relegation to the First Division after a disappointing last place in the final Premier League ranking in the season 1995-1996. Th next season the club missed promotion right back to the Premier League on goal diffeerence in the playoffs. NEC Nijmegen kept their Premiership-status. Ever since the Eagles have been struggling in the First Division, with more recently in the last two seasons making it to the promotion/relegation play-offs, however both times knocked out after the first round.

Still GA Eagles' fans hope for another playoffs competition at the end of the season... Que sera sera....
    Plans are that sooner or later the official website of GA Eagles at www.ga-eagles.nl will be rebuilt, and I have asked for a small english section to be included already a couple of weeks ago. This might gain relevance now that there seems to ne an interested Irish community 473.gifcheesy.gif We'll see, I repeat I have no concrete time schedule for a new official website, we'll have to wait and see.

BTW: It would be nice if you could send me some photographs of you in Ireland to share here: either post them in the forum or send them to me by email:

FC Twente........ Losers

2108:
    Schome bad news for ex-England manager Schteve McClaren as his FC Twente side have gone out of the Uefa Cup, despite a 1-0 win at home to Rennes. They exit 2-2 on the away goals rule.
    Posted by Go Ahead Eagles on forum request page

I hope you Lads didn't made plans for this sunday.

THE match against zwolle will be live broadcasted by rtvoost 14.30 local time, just click the link below:

http://www.rtvoost.nl/Media/Default.aspx

Enjoy and Cheers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Looking forward to that one. Boys are out at a birthday party so will be a nice quiet day in for the game.

Am I a bandwagin supporter now though, only getting involved when the club got all of their new fans...

**wolle bastids, we had better stuff them.

delighted, Sunday afternoon watchin my first GAE game.....and its THE derby! Epic!

Looking forward to that one. Boys are out at a birthday party so will be a nice quiet day in for the game.

Am I a bandwagin supporter now though, only getting involved when the club got all of their new fans...

**wolle bastids, we had better stuff them.

Yeah, also you missed the bit where GAE are NOT the Superboeren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So who's going to be our first Dutch postee in the thread? come on guys! We know you're watching!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Registered for their forum now. Just waitin aproval! Damn this idea really took off, delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    So who's going to be our first Dutch postee in the thread? come on guys! We know you're watching!

unless they get special treatment it might be a while...for users to be allowed post in soccer, their account must have been active for a month, and have 50posts throughout the site...

Sig updated with thanks to eddiehead

Legend sig Xavi.

The game vs Zwolle is on Sunday, lovely! Will be watching it with a BIG Durtyyyyyy hangover :o

Nice sig Xavi :)

Come on you Eagles!

Dunno if I should open another thread for this, but I reckon we should get together a few chants for the derby match on Sunday.

This one's for the big man, although it's a little clumsy to sing from the terraces :D

Like a character by novelist Laurens Van Der Post*
    Big and blond and scary he is the man that most
    Defenders **** their pants at when they see him man the post
    On our giant we're reliant, give it up for Sander Post!

*South African novelist, humanitarian and war hero

• Advertisement

Just so everyone knows.

G.A.E made us our own forum on their forums :D .

http://www.gaeagles.com/digihome/index.php?board=22.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

lol. awesome...
    My registration just got approved today. I think i picked the best username really...
    IrishEagle.:cool:

:p

Nice one!

Actually really looking forward to this game on Sunday. We should get a MSN chat going or something for the people that will be watching it. Would be a bit of craic! I have a messy one on Saturday so I'll be like a courpse watching this :o

started a "Match Thread"

Good man Des,
    From the thrend I seen yesterday most of their users come on after 12 so expect replies then. Did you see the highlights of the last game? Can't wait to see that big ****er post in action haha! He's large!

• Advertisement

Will someone tell the feckers to approve my account!

I fúcking hate **olle so fúcking much.

Bastards.

zwollehate.jpg

zwollehate2.jpg

zwollehate3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Has nobody set up a social group? I was going to do it, but I thought KaG or someone should do the honours. It'd be a good substitute in the absence of a forum.

Also, type 'Go Ahead Eagles' into Google image search. The first result is 'Make Go Ahead Eagles YORE boards.ie team' :D

Will someone tell the feckers to approve my account!

I didn't get confirmation Xavi, I just logged in with the details I signed up with after a day or two. Give it a try.

Has nobody set up a social group? I was going to do it, but I thought KaG or someone should do the honours. It'd be a good substitute in the absence of a forum.

Also, type 'Go Ahead Eagles' into Google image search. The first result is 'Make Go Ahead Eagles YORE boards.ie team' :D

I could do but forgive me for being a forgetful/lazy ****. Who was the guy making all those class sigs? He might be the perfect canditate to do up a homepage!

Des got some feedback on his match thread :)

Overmars should be coming off the bench for the second half. Post is starting from what they think. Good stuff :)

Here's the posts
    IJsselclub wrote:
    Injuries: Marco Parnela. Ceriel Oosthout, Kevin Moeliker, Halil Colak, Mathias Ranégie

I think this will be the line-up: Pasveer; Bakkati, Bus, Maruanaya, Vossselman; Zuidam, Kieftenbeld, Türk; Knijnenburg, Post, Ahahaoui

maikie wrote:
    and Marc Overmars will enter the pitch in the second half :)||

I'm shelving plans for a Van der Wal song until the kid gets a decent run-out in the side.
    Is the other giant, from Gothenburg in the picture for the showdown with **olle?

I've always hated **olle for no particular reason. Now I have one, it's all gravy!

Apparently this guy we have on loan Mathias Ranégie is good too & from waht Makkie said he's also ****ing huge !
    maikie wrote:
    our other striker, Mathias Ranégie, who we rent from IFK Göteborg, has the same size. Can you imagine how the defenders of other teams are going to react if they see 2 of those giants?

In addition to the two giants we also have a guy called Sjoerd Ars (pronounced almost exctly like shorte-arse) :D

Ah, seems he's buggered off to Roosendaal. Pity, he's got a very impressive strike rate (5 in 6 so far this season, 15 from 36 last).

• Advertisement
Advertisement